Is it possible

sarahblk

Sleep Deprived
to have Braxton Hicks in your lower back? I'm going to move around and drink some more water before calling the dr. (I think the office is closed today).

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Drink lots of water and lay down is best thing to do... Im going through the same thing and sometimes I have no clue :lol:

lovinmaryland

Braxton Hicks are just the practice contractions, so I wouldnt worry too much about it. When they become painful then give the dr. a call. Put your feet up on the couch and watch some tv :huggy:

sarahblk

Sleep Deprived
Braxton Hicks are just the practice contractions, so I wouldnt worry too much about it. When they become painful then give the dr. a call. Put your feet up on the couch and watch some tv :huggy:

That's the thing they are painful and they are contractions (they climax) but so far they aren't regular. I just don't want to have my dr paged for nothing. I'm only 33 weeks.
I'm at work...so I'll try to relax and much as possible. :smile:

lillyst

I don't know! I'm due in April and my Braxton Hicks are always so centered on my front belly/abdomen area that its obvious. Never heard of the back though, and this is my 3rd baby. But like they say every pregnancy is different and every person is too.

If you call the office and their closed they should have a recording telling you how to reach your OB. They will probably tell you that unless their painful, your water broke or you have other symptoms to sit down and relax.
Good luck.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Go home and lay down. Chances are they'll stop, even if they are serious contractions. If you stay and work and stress you could go from relatively harmless contractions to something more serious.

nicole_M

That's the thing they are painful and they are contractions (they climax) but so far they aren't regular. I just don't want to have my dr paged for nothing. I'm only 33 weeks.
I'm at work...so I'll try to relax and much as possible. :smile:

Aww... Hang in there... I went through the same things with my twins. It never hurts to call, just incase. They may want to hook you up and monitor the contractions. Hopefully they stop on their own... Drinking water REALLY does help, alot of time preterm labor is brought on by dehydration :huggy:

sarahblk

Sleep Deprived
I don't know! I'm due in April and my Braxton Hicks are always so centered on my front belly/abdomen area that its obvious. Never heard of the back though, and this is my 3rd baby. But like they say every pregnancy is different and every person is too.

If you call the office and their closed they should have a recording telling you how to reach your OB. They will probably tell you that unless their painful, your water broke or you have other symptoms to sit down and relax.
Good luck.

That's what I thought. I've had some in my belly but no really painful. With my first I had back labor and that what this feels like...just not as intense or regular.
If they become regular I'll have her paged.

T

toppick08

to have Braxton Hicks in your lower back? I'm going to move around and drink some more water before calling the dr. (I think the office is closed today).

I'll massage it for you.....

sunflower

Loving My Life...
That's what I thought. I've had some in my belly but no really painful. With my first I had back labor and that what this feels like...just not as intense or regular.
If they become regular I'll have her paged.

Thats how my started and I was having contractions.. Go get looked at just to be safe.. Go to the L&D at your hospital.. Even if its a false alarm its better to know!! Mine werent regular!!

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Thats how my started and I was having contractions.. Go get looked at just to be safe.. Go to the L&D at your hospital.. Even if its a false alarm its better to know!! Mine werent regular!!

I had back labor with all 3 of my kids so if you aren't at the hospital yet take the advice to have it checked out!

sunflower

Loving My Life...
I had back labor with all 3 of my kids so if you aren't at the hospital yet take the advice to have it checked out!

Im good now.. I have been seen!! This was last week.. I'll continue to have contractions and when I do drink lots of water and lay down.. If they dont go away within 30-45 min back to L&D.. :blahblah:

belvak

Happy Camper
What Do True Labor Contractions Feel Like?

The way a true labor contraction feels is different for each woman and may feel different from one pregnancy to the next. Labor contractions cause discomfort or a dull ache in your back and/or lower abdomen, along with pressure in the pelvis. Some women may also feel pain in their sides and thighs. Some women describe contractions as strong menstrual cramps, while others describe them as strong waves that feel like diarrhea cramps.

Braxton Hicks Contractions or True Labor?

I

Irish_Eyes

They've stopped. I'm off work in 30 minutes so I can go home and lay down.

If they aren't regular, you should be fine to just relax and try to get through them. A lot of hospitals, even when they're real labor contractions, will send you home if your water hasn't broken and they aren't a certain length apart. My water broke first, then 12 hours later, AFTER being given hormones to start the contractions and get my cervix to soften up, I finally started having the contractions. I had back labor before that though, was really uncomfortable. Sucked royally, but they gave me an IV and it made me sleepy enough to pass out through those. The real pain didn't start until the labor contractions hit and they were bad enough to wake me up out of my drug induced haze. Then... it was time to call the anesthesiologist for my epidural... at 3 am. :1bdz:

Hang in there hun, I know they suck, but oddly, once its all over, it all seems so miniscule when put in comparison with the hours of lost sleep because the baby is screaming. :lmao:

Pandora

If they aren't regular, you should be fine to just relax and try to get through them. A lot of hospitals, even when they're real labor contractions, will send you home if your water hasn't broken and they aren't a certain length apart. My water broke first, then 12 hours later, AFTER being given hormones to start the contractions and get my cervix to soften up, I finally started having the contractions. I had back labor before that though, was really uncomfortable. Sucked royally, but they gave me an IV and it made me sleepy enough to pass out through those. The real pain didn't start until the labor contractions hit and they were bad enough to wake me up out of my drug induced haze. Then... it was time to call the anesthesiologist for my epidural... at 3 am. :1bdz:

Hang in there hun, I know they suck, but oddly, once its all over, it all seems so miniscule when put in comparison with the hours of lost sleep because the baby is screaming. :lmao:

I would certainly hope she has had this baby by now! It would totally suck to be carrying around a nearly 18-month old toddler....

I

Irish_Eyes

I would certainly hope she has had this baby by now! It would totally suck to be carrying around a nearly 18-month old toddler....

Hah... I didn't even look at the date on the posting, just figured that since the post was at the front of the forums yesterday that it was still fairly new. Go me. :killingme