Is it really true

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
that you can lead a horse to water, but can't make them drink it? Is that a wife's tale or what?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Four*Leaf*Farm said:
you can make them do a lot of other things but you CAN'T make them drink..

Why not? What if you isolate them for a long time and don't give them any water. When you finally let them out, would they drink?

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
vraiblonde said:
Why not? What if you isolate them for a long time and don't give them any water. When you finally let them out, would they drink?

no animals were actually harmed during this post !

you have been reported !!!

fredsaid2

Four*Leaf*Farm said:
you can make them do a lot of other things but you CAN'T make them drink..

As weird as it sounds, they can be trained to drink on command. Some Amish do this with their horses. I could never in a million years make that happen!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
FireBrand said:
no animals were actually harmed during this post !

you have been reported !!!
Don't be silly. I don't even have a horse. Not even a quarter of a horse.

showqueen74

fredsaid2 said:
As weird as it sounds, they can be trained to drink on command. Some Amish do this with their horses. I could never in a million years make that happen!

A bit off topic...........
you can also teach a horse to pee on command. My Dressage trainer in WA had done this, Kinda funny really, before a test she would take the horse into a stall, and if they did not go on their own, she'd whisle, and presto!!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
showqueen74 said:
A bit off topic...........
you can also teach a horse to pee on command. My Dressage trainer in WA had done this, Kinda funny really, before a test she would take the horse into a stall, and if they did not go on their own, she'd whisle, and presto!!
One of my old horses was taught to do that too. :lmao:

covekat

Racehorses do that after a race... whistle and they will go wee in the cup...usually.. it's not really training... but when they are babies you whistle whenever you see them go... then they just associate weeing and whistling!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
covekat said:
Racehorses do that after a race... whistle and they will go wee in the cup...usually.. it's not really training... but when they are babies you whistle whenever you see them go... then they just associate weeing and whistling!
:yay: Otter does that.

IntegritysDream

BS Gal said:
that you can lead a horse to water, but can't make them drink it? Is that a wife's tale or what?

i would have to say yes and no, my horse wont drink out of the buckets in his stall, so when i get done riding durning the day when they are in, i take him to the trough and he knows that well stand there till he gets a drink, and i keep pushing his head towards the trough, then he finally takes a drink... so idk if that would say i made him get something to drink or not..

IntegritysDream

Sadielady said:
Sure....why not. Some horses like bananas too.

my pony likes evreything, including krispy kream doughnuts pop tarts bananas pop cycles fruit loops, it shows by his weight, haha just kidding (i dont feed it to him that much, only on occasion, like if were at a show, and i forgot his treats, but i have things like that, but mostly he gets pop cycles when its hot, carrots apples horse treats/cookies) but thats a pony for you!

Cowgirl

covekat said:

You can tickle a cow's vulva if you need her to pee. :whistle: