Is it that hard...

stgislander

PREMO Member
I was thinking the exact same thing. Coming across the island bridge just now I didn'y see the gray pickup coming at me until we got within 6-7 car lengths of each other.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Heading up 235 this morning into work around 6:45, person is driving a black car with no lights on. :doh: I swear this people have a death wish. :duh:

SamSpade

I remember a long time ago when I lived in PG County, I was one of those jerks who didn't turn on their lights.
I said "why do I need to turn them on? I can see just fine without them" - to which my co-worker replied -

"You realize that you are putting your life in the hands of these PG County drivers who can't SEE YOU? You realize that, right?".

Always do it now. You can never underestimate how stupid some drivers will be.

luvmygdaughters

Saw plenty of cars driving home from work yesterday, around 4:30 pm, no head lights, you cant see these a$$holes until you're right on them. Do they think they're being cool or something?? I'd hate to have cross a busy road like Rt. 5 and wind up being broad sided because dumba$$ couldnt take a second to turn on the their lights!!

TheRadargod

I'm pretty certain there was a massive failure of turn signals on public roads today to accompany the lack of headlights. Maybe a community wide automotive lighting failure.

PeoplesElbow

Was just going to say I saw a base cop and a SMC Deputys car with no headlights today.

Some states have a law that says if its raining they must be on.

I also regularly drive a 2 lane road near BWI that has signs up that you must use headlights all the time "to avoid the fine"

CRHS89

I have my lights set on automatic, but yesterday I realized that they were not on. While they were needed for others to see me, it was light enough that the sensor didn't think they were needed. I bet others rely on the automatic setting like me and don't even think about it...just assume they are on.

nutz

To this I would like to add, is it so hard to wear some light/reflective clothing, and maybe carry a light, when you're out walking (or riding a bike) on the road/street at night. Leaving the hood the other night (complete darkness and not a star/moon in the sky), a couple carrying an infant appears along side the road out of no where. Dark clothing, no light. Scared the hell out of me.
Exactly. Wouldn’t it be nice if the fashion designers/wearers picked lime green, fluorescent yellow, etc for the darkest time of the year?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Was just going to say I saw a base cop and a SMC Deputys car with no headlights today.

Some states have a law that says if its raining they must be on.

I also regularly drive a 2 lane road near BWI that has signs up that you must use headlights all the time "to avoid the fine"
I thought Maryland was one of them, wipers on, lights on.

I remember a long time ago when I lived in PG County, I was one of those jerks who didn't turn on their lights.
I said "why do I need to turn them on? I can see just fine without them" - to which my co-worker replied -

"You realize that you are putting your life in the hands of these PG County drivers who can't SEE YOU? You realize that, right?".

Always do it now. You can never underestimate how stupid some drivers will be.

Not just inclement weather, but dawn and dusk. You can detect these vehicles much like astronomers find black holes.

Also should have read all the posts....

FYI, to link two threads, people who don't use lights or use them improperly, should be cited as a hazard. But as we see, LE doesn't do it either and it's possible it's one of those "overlooked" laws.

Your day time running lights are only on the front of your vehicle, they don't enable your tailights - nice to have them on in the dark or low visibility. Daytime running lights were installed on vehicles because they have been shown to reduce collisions because people notice the oncoming vehicle - they just don't CYA.

Another misuse is parking lights, why do people pull over and park with their high beams on but drive with only their parking lights?
When I stop for the mail I turn off the headlights and leave the parking lights on - even the flasher, the vehicle is visible and I'm not blinding a driver coming head on. That means they have better visibility if I;m crossing the street.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
All 3 of my vehicles came with auto DRLs, but I override it to full lights at dusk or any precipitation. My junk is paid for and couldn't be replaced for what insurance would give me.