Is it too late?

D

dems4me

Anyone been crabbing lately? Are they still running or has striper season taken over? :confused: I was thinking about going out tomorrow morning crabbing and dont' want to go through all the hassle of getting everything ready tonight for crabbing tomorrow if there's no crabs running. :shrug: Last I heard they dropped off a little bit but Jumbos were running, but that was a few weeks ago. Anyone know the water temperature in the Patuxent? :shrug:

oldman

Lobster Land
dems4me said:
Anyone been crabbing lately? Are they still running or has striper season taken over? :confused: I was thinking about going out tomorrow morning crabbing and dont' want to go through all the hassle of getting everything ready tonight for crabbing tomorrow if there's no crabs running. :shrug: Last I heard they dropped off a little bit but Jumbos were running, but that was a few weeks ago. Anyone know the water temperature in the Patuxent? :shrug:

Went out Monday to the north side of the Benedict bridge. Water temp had dropped down to 64-65 degrees. Caught a bushel and half in 4 hours, which also included a lunch break at the marina. Plenty of nice sized crabs are still around. Was there fishing yesterday and 2 guys were pulling in and they'd gotten 4 bushels in a little over 3 hours. Get your line ready and go. I want to ask every female I see at Benedict if she is Dems but don't want to make an azz of myself. We should all have SOMD T-shirts or caps to make it easier.

Mikeinsmd

They usually run thru November. I remember coming in from duck hunting & my buddys grandfather would have bushels of them steamed. This was mid/late November.

D

dems4me

oldman said:
Went out Monday to the north side of the Benedict bridge. Water temp had dropped down to 64-65 degrees. Caught a bushel and half in 4 hours, which also included a lunch break at the marina. Plenty of nice sized crabs are still around. Was there fishing yesterday and 2 guys were pulling in and they'd gotten 4 bushels in a little over 3 hours. Get your line ready and go. I want to ask every female I see at Benedict if she is Dems but don't want to make an azz of myself. We should all have SOMD T-shirts or caps to make it easier.

Somehow I think you'll know me when you see me. Everyone's boats are nice clean and white, mine's a bit on the muddy side - oh yeah, there's probably runs a tad better too :lol: I'd be more in the "Redneck Yacht Club" category. Friends tell me I'm kind of the anomoly. Folks come back to the peir all nice and clean and I come back looking like something the cat drug in, muddied up and mud all over the outside of the boat and windshield... I've been told it looks more like I've been wrestling whales than crabs :lol: But its all fun and I'm not afraid to get dirty. :smile: Thanks for the crabbing info!! My boat isn't very practical for running a trotline so I fish them up, same as one would with the drop line - works fine, just takes a bit longer. As long as the crabs are getting into the boat is the important thing :yahoo:

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
dems4me said:
Let me know how you do. I was thinking of going Sunday one last time. :yay: :yay: