Is it true...

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
That if you buy a horse trailer with living quarters you can write it off as a 2nd home and get a mortgage out on it instead of another type of loan? Doesn't it have to have a bathroom in it to qualify? What are the other rules? Where can I find them? I have heard you have to live in it for 14 days to be considered a second home too. Is that true? Finally does anyone have a nice trailer with living quarter for sale?

erinjograves

It depends on the state you live in, I think. I would have to check on it to see if you could qualify it for that, but I believe it has to be stationary, otherwise it would be considered a mobile home. Check with your insurance agent, they could tell you for sure.

Good Luck!!! :)

FrmGrl

Get some!
That if you buy a horse trailer with living quarters you can write it off as a 2nd home and get a mortgage out on it instead of another type of loan? Doesn't it have to have a bathroom in it to qualify? What are the other rules? Where can I find them? I have heard you have to live in it for 14 days to be considered a second home too. Is that true? Finally does anyone have a nice trailer with living quarter for sale?
I did that for the RV but it has to have kitchen, bathroom ect and I had to live in it for six months, which I did for my travel nursing. Each state is different but it does have to have certain amenities.

FrmGrl

Get some!
Oh but that was a tax write off. For a mortgage it also has to be over a certain amount in cost, plus all the other stuff. Sorry had to re-read your post.