Is Race and Issue? Revised

Is race an issue in this election

• I am black and I'm voting for Obama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am black and I'm voting for McCain

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I am not black and I've voting for Obama

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I am not black and I'm voting for McCain.

Votes: 22 81.5%

• Total voters

frozenrain

I am just so sad that this still has to be discussed in 2008.I see 4 people voted that they would not vote for a black man in the other thread. what utter bigots how disgraceful. So very sad.

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
I am just so sad that this still has to be discussed in 2008.I see 4 people voted that they would not vote for a black man in the other thread. what utter bigots how disgraceful. So very sad.

It is sad. I won't vote for Obama but it's not because he's black. There are a few black folks I'd vote for in a heart beat if they made it this far (Alan Keyes, Michael Steele....) I do find it to be just as crazy that so many black folks are voting for Obama just because he is black. I would bet this is the biggest reason for some. The issues may matter to some but his race is the biggest reason they are voting for them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No offense, but I'm so freakin' bored of race. I haven't thought about skin color so much in my life, and we've had god knows how many threads about this crap over the years.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
It is sad. I won't vote for Obama but it's not because he's black. There are a few black folks I'd vote for in a heart beat if they made it this far (Alan Keyes, Michael Steele....) I do find it to be just as crazy that so many black folks are voting for Obama just because he is black. I would bet this is the biggest reason for some. The issues may matter to some but his race is the biggest reason they are voting for them.
:yeahthat: The Howard Stern man on the street proved that.

No offense, but I'm so freakin' bored of race. I haven't thought about skin color so much in my life, and we've had god knows how many threads about this crap over the years.
:notworthy

frozenrain

I respect you for your views. I am keeping this short as I wrote about it much more in depth on another thread but I agree people both black ,white and every other race should vote on policy and not color. If that means some black people voting McCain and some white people voting Obama then so it should rightly be.No vote should be based on race!

I get what you are saying. I have been mainly steering clear of the threads as it is painful for me and so tedious.
Call it burying my head in the sand but......

Pete

Repete
4 of 30 said that in a survey. Nobody knows if those weren't Tommy and WhatGuy (plus how many more MPD's Kyle has on here) who did that solely to get your reaction to prove his point.

Who is this "Kyle" person you all keep referring too?

tater

Still to the right :yay: :lol: How goes it in MO? Your Senator Mcaskill has been trumping hard for Obama. Can't you shut her up? :lol:

Tell me about it! She's a DISASTER (and that is the nice word I have for her). She's our very own Nancy Pelosi. Never fear though, this battleground state is staying RED..... I can feel it! :wink:

P.S. - And NO... if you heard about her home getting vandalized yesterday... It WASN'T me! But I have to be honest, I did giggle a little :popcorn:

I would not vote for THIS black man... I can barely stomach to vote for the white man - but anything is better than Obama.

Now, if Condoleezza Rice was on the ticket, I would not hesitate to vote for her.