Is something Dying in Darkness at the Washington Post?

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
WashPo is the Nick Nolte of the news world. Once it was a shining star, revered by many, and then a series of poor choices turned it into a drunken mental case whose only publicity is when it gets its latest DWI or drug arrest and is shown babbling incoherently.
I always thought WaPo thrived in darkness amidst the bull. It is owned by a real fun guy.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Interesting that their "Fact Checker" can't even get his facts straight. Don't know if the WSJ story picked this up, but the "Fact Checker" claimed that the WaPo story played no part in the second Impeachment. Even after someone replied with a copy of the articles of impeachment, with the exact quote from the WaPo story high lighted,

What really demonstrates that there is a media narrative, is the number of other outlets that basically ran with the story, claiming they had confirmed the story with their credible source. Seems the credible sources the media has, don't match recordings of actually calls.

Just like what Trump has been quoted as saying about Charlottesville. The media runs a story and attributes quotes to Trump.
They become fact. Ask them to actually produce the evidence and they can't.
Trump was such a boogey man, that half the country refers to him as a white supremacist and a racist, when all evidence is to the contrary.

dan0623_2000

My very liberal neighbors give me their day old washington post papers. I love it. They do good at the bottom of the bird cages and for lighting a fire in the fireplace.

Hijinx

My very liberal neighbors give me their day old washington post papers. I love it. They do good at the bottom of the bird cages and for lighting a fire in the fireplace.
l I have a republican friend who gets them from a democrat friend for the crossword puzzles.