Is The Cold Civil War Heating Up

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Portland Anti-Fascist Activist Killed In Hit And Run Outside Cider Riot

Sean D. Kealiher, 23, was hit by an SUV a little after midnight. He had been at the club earlier in the evening. Friends drove him to the hospital, where he died.

Someone fired shots at the SUV after it hit Kealiher, and the vehicle crashed into the headquarters of the Oregon Democratic Party.

The hit and run is being investigated as a possible homicide, and police are asking anyone who has information on the incident to contact them. No arrests have been made so far.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's an awfully presumptive article, considering the Portland cops don't have any suspects or motive.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
That's an awfully presumptive article, considering the Portland cops don't have any suspects or motive.
I would say "presumptive" doesn't begin to describe the problems of this Oregon PUBLIC BROADCASTING article (or, for that matter, public broadcasting in general)....

From the article:
Portland Police say a prominent anti-fascist activist was killed early Saturday outside Cider Riot, a Northeast Portland club and a popular gathering spot for left-wing protestors.

Sean D. Kealiher, 23,....
Prominent at 23? Anti-fascist activist? Gimme a break; he was a young punk/thug.

And in the category of "examples of Orwellian use of the English language" we have this from the OPB Editorial Polcy FAQs:
OPB recognizes that it must exercise diligence and discipline in order to maintain its reputation as a trusted source of news, educational material, entertainment and information (“Programming”). For purposes of this policy, “programming” refers also to content created or distributed by OPB for promotional or engagement purposes, whether distributed by radio, television or digital media.
The irony, these days, in the use of the word, "programming."

--- End of line (MCP)

Hijinx

How is it that these Fascists always get called anti-fascists by the media.

Wait, I know. But the real facts are that these people the media protects are the real fascists.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I would say "presumptive" doesn't begin to describe the problems of this Oregon PUBLIC BROADCASTING article (or, for that matter, public broadcasting in general)....

From the article:

Prominent at 23? Anti-fascist activist? Gimme a break; he was a young punk/thug.

And in the category of "examples of Orwellian use of the English language" we have this from the OPB Editorial Polcy FAQs:

The irony, these days, in the use of the word, "programming."

--- End of line (MCP)
I'm going to go with an unPC thought. He sounds like someone that's not going to be missed by the world.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
'All Cops Are B*stards': Antifa Vandalize Oregon's Democratic Party Headquarters

On Sunday, members of the Antifa movement in Portland, Oregon held a remembrance event for an activist that was killed. During their demonstration, they vandalized Oregon's Democratic Party headquarters.

Named "Light The Sky For Sean," Antifa used flares and fireworks in honor of 23-year-old Sean Kealiher, who was killed in a hit-and-run near a popular pub for members of Antifa.

Kealiher was well-known member of the group and Rose City Antifa said, "Our sources indicate that this was not related to fascist activity."

stgislander

PREMO Member
Let me get this straight. Antifa vandalized the Oregon Democratic Party headquarters. Those kids aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.