Is there a beautician in the house??? HAIR EMERGENCY

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Okay, so I know I should've known better and blah, blah, blah. Anyway, went to the store last night and bought 2 bottles of dye and had my friend apply it. While I love the color on top, it's turned pieces of my hair gray! WTF??? The gray pieces used to be the lighest blonde that I had in my hair.

So what the hell do I do now? Wait until I can call a salon on Monday or go back to the store and try one more time???? I know eventually I'll have gray hair but I didn't expect to have it this dang soon.

Somebody just :buttkick: me now.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
ememdee19 said:
Okay, so I know I should've known better and blah, blah, blah. Anyway, went to the store last night and bought 2 bottles of dye and had my friend apply it. While I love the color on top, it's turned pieces of my hair gray! WTF??? The gray pieces used to be the lighest blonde that I had in my hair.

So what the hell do I do now? Wait until I can call a salon on Monday or go back to the store and try one more time???? I know eventually I'll have gray hair but I didn't expect to have it this dang soon.

Somebody just :buttkick: me now.

What colors did you use? Did you go darker or lighter? I would not color it again just yet. I suggest giving it a few days and washings before you put any more color on it. In the meantime you could try one of the color glazes that have come out recently or a shampoo with 'color' in it. (you know the red-blonde-brunette color perk me up shampoo's)

bcp

In My Opinion
back in the day Elvira (remember her on the tv?) had some grey streaks in her hair, and I would have :gossip: her.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Suz' said:
What colors did you use? Did you go darker or lighter? I would not color it again just yet. I suggest giving it a few days and washings before you put any more color on it. In the meantime you could try one of the color glazes that have come out recently or a shampoo with 'color' in it. (you know the red-blonde-brunette color perk me up shampoo's)

Went a tad bit lighter.

Geek

If you want to try and fix it yourself...Remember the color you choose will show up on the grey strands more. I would pick a shade that has golden blonde. Ash does not sound like it works for you. I have to use ash or it goes orange on me.

jenbengen

Watch it
I did this once and had the blonde highlights in my hair look gray, as well. Still not sure what makes it do that but over a few days I couldn't see the gray anymore. I panicked too- hope you've figured out what to do!

Sadysue

I was always told never to use an ash color if you already have some other dye in your hair. Not that that helps much. Sry.

Call in sick and go see a professional. That's what I'd do.

K

Katie

I would call a hairdresser and have them fix it.

I did something like that, but my hair turned pink. I spent 3 hours in the chair getting it fixed.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
persimmoncf said:
You used an "ASH" tone. Didnt you?

:yeahthat:

I did that one time. My hair is real real blonde and I wanted to go a little darker. I picked up an "Ash" color. Put it in my hair and once I rinsed my hair out I had BLUE streaks in my hair. Old lady silver blue streaks. I started blowdrying and the more I blowdried, the bluer it got.

I called my girlfriend, who owns a shop, and after I listened to about 20 minutes of "you should have come here and let me do it...", she finally told me to wash my hair with DAWN dish detergent - let it sit in my hair for about 5 minutes and repeat this process 3 times. The DAWN stripped out the blue. She did tell me that Joy, Palmolive, etc. will not work - there's some ingredient in DAWN that strips the color chemical out of your hair.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Geek said:
If you want to try and fix it yourself...Remember the color you choose will show up on the grey strands more. I would pick a shade that has golden blonde. Ash does not sound like it works for you. I have to use ash or it goes orange on me.

If using a strong shampoo doesn't help in a couple of days, btw Herbal Essence is a good one to use for stripping out some color, this is the color you will need to help get rid of the ash tone. Gold is red based and ash is green, you will need red to cut the green. Color can be real tricky to fix. If you can't go to a shop, I will most likely get a gold based toner to use since your hair is lighter.