Is there a parallel?

This_person

It would seem the Hong Kong protesters have absolutely zero chance against the Chinese army. It's insane to imagine such a small group of people could hold off the large army.

But, they're trying anyway. They're standing up for what they think is right.

We, here in the United States have a huge in-flux of illegal aliens who refuse to fight for their country.

One group is fighting a certainly lost war because it is the right thing. The other group is not even trying to change their circumstances, choosing to change our way of life instead.

And, people will tell you that the folks back home for these illegal aliens could never change their homes. How do they know if they won't try? Why won't they try? Why would we want people that didn't try?

Tranny posts that it is the obligation of the US taxpayer, through their elected representatives, to take charge of these other countries and make these other countries better so people won't want to leave them. He absolutely can't offer a single authority in the constitution that makes that within the authority of the federal government, but he doesn't care what limits are imposed on government so long as that deity does what he personally thinks is ok. How could we, the people of the United States, make their country better if THEY, the citizens of those countries, won't make it better themselves?

SamSpade

Tranny posts that it is the obligation of the US taxpayer, through their elected representatives, to take charge of these other countries and make these other countries better so people won't want to leave them. He absolutely can't offer a single authority in the constitution that makes that within the authority of the federal government, but he doesn't care what limits are imposed on government so long as that deity does what he personally thinks is ok. How could we, the people of the United States, make their country better if THEY, the citizens of those countries, won't make it better themselves?

I don't think that's what it says - I think it's just parroting a meme it's heard - make things better in their own country, and they won't come here.
No one ever really goes beyond THAT, unless it's throw a lot of foreign aid at it, which ought to be laughed at on its face. More foreign aid at corrupt governments WILL be lost to fraud, waste and corruption. I've suggested that American businesses be encouraged to invest in these countries, but ultimately that's turned out to be - relocating plants abroad and losing American jobs.

It's not our responsibility in any fashion to build other nations - you know - a useless task we call appropriately "nation-building". We have no obligation to prop them up. And I still don't think it keeps people from trying to come here. In our hemisphere, we have whole governments capitulating to powerful drug cartels. I don't know HOW we do anything about that, but people are terrified of them - and their governments are, too.

transporter

It would seem the Hong Kong protesters have absolutely zero chance against the Chinese army. It's insane to imagine such a small group of people could hold off the large army.

But, they're trying anyway. They're standing up for what they think is right.

We, here in the United States have a huge in-flux of illegal aliens who refuse to fight for their country.

One group is fighting a certainly lost war because it is the right thing. The other group is not even trying to change their circumstances, choosing to change our way of life instead.

And, people will tell you that the folks back home for these illegal aliens could never change their homes. How do they know if they won't try? Why won't they try? Why would we want people that didn't try?

God damn you are stupid.

You should go to English class with the rest of your crew.

This_person

God damn you are stupid.

You should go to English class with the rest of your crew.
Please try and grow up and have a discussion on the merits of your position or mine, but the idiotic profanity-spewing drivel does nothing to drive the conversation or assist in either one of us gaining insight.

nutz

. He absolutely can't offer a single authority in the constitution that makes that within the authority of the federal government, but he doesn't care what limits are imposed on government so long as that deity does what he personally thinks is ok. How could we, the people of the United States, make their country better if THEY, the citizens of those countries, won't make it better themselves?
Of course IT cant offer anything. IT can only attack because there is nothing substantial behind any of ITs statements. The parallel is very close to that of an HOA, let me tell you what’s ok because you’re too stupid to do anything on your own.