Is this teacher a sinner?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Teacher who was fired after fertility treatments sues diocese

A teacher at a Catholic school in Indiana is suing the diocese where she worked after being fired because the in vitro fertilization treatments she received were considered against church teachings.

She says in the suit filed Friday that she was discriminated against in 2011 after the school's pastor found out that she had begun treatments with a fertility doctor, according to the complaint.
Why is IVF forbidden? Is it because there are lost or unused eggs and sperm? Seems to me if a loving couple wants their own child that would be considered a good thing.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
The article says: "...the in vitro she received was against church teachings...In its statement, diocese officials said that "the church promotes treatment of infertility through means that respect the right to life, the unity of marriage, and procreation brought about as the fruit of the conjugal act. There are other infertility treatments, such as in vitro fertilization, which are not morally licit according to Catholic teaching."

What's next, telling which sexual positions are allowable? I'd ask her church to show where fertility treatments are against God's laws. It's not like she is getting sperm or eggs from other donors. It's from her and her husbands bodies.

Since life begins at conception, what's the big deal RCC? The female body discards unfertilized eggs every month... :duh:

Last edited:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Teacher who was fired after fertility treatments sues diocese

Why is IVF forbidden? Is it because there are lost or unused eggs and sperm? Seems to me if a loving couple wants their own child that would be considered a good thing.

Ask the catholic church. No problem in my Protestant eyes.

If it was outside of marriage, either way, natural or induced, I would have a problem with her status as a teacher in the Christian faith. Not a catholic view, but a Biblical Christian.

Not the view of a pope or bishop, but of the Bible.

In marriage, I see no problem. Ask Libby or Radient1 about it.

Last edited:

Zguy28

Some doctors implant many eggs (like 12 or more I think) and when the time comes that like 6 are fertilized the docs recommend aborting most of them. This is a regular practice from what I've heard. Pretty bad.

I know Christian women who have done in vitro, but they only have 2-3 eggs done and will keep all if they are viable. Nothing wrong with this though.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Some doctors implant many eggs (like 12 or more I think) and when the time comes that like 6 are fertilized the docs recommend aborting most of them. This is a regular practice from what I've heard. Pretty bad.

I know Christian women who have done in vitro, but they only have 2-3 eggs done and will keep all if they are viable. Nothing wrong with this though.

Ask octomom Suleman about her view of this procedure - welfare forever, anyone?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
The process inevitably destroys embryos. Against catholic teaching. I am sorry she lost her job..but don't work for a catholic school..its that simple.