is this the same George Floyd?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I believe it was two of them that were new to the job with less than a week on.
That is interesting, I read somewhere that Lane and Kueng had received their licenses in August. Makes one wonder why it took so long for them to land the job if they had only been on the force for a week.

Clem72

For the the most part you don't end up in a police chock hold of any kind if you don't encounter the police. So boys and girls don't get high off of fentanyl, methamphetamine and THC and pass a counterfeit twenty if you don't want to end up in police custody. Again not saying he deserved to die the way he did but let's be honest if he was a law abiding citizen then he wouldn't have ended up where he was at the time.

You can instead get shot when they do a no-knock raid in plain clothes in the middle of the night at the wrong house while they already have the guy they are looking for in custody...

If this whole mess was about the Breonna Taylor case instead of this guy would you be 100% on board? Or does the particular case that caused the spark not really matter that much?

I think many of the cops in this country are poorly trained, over equipped, and for some reason expect those they come into contact with to be perfectly calm and composed and follow every order exactly, while they can shoot whomever they want simply because the person twitched, or didn't comply fast enough. It's got to be a training issue, our military doesn't act that way when they are in much more stressful and hostile situations.

That said, the riots and looting are ridiculous. We have had hundreds, maybe thousands of demonstrations in the last few years (usually around something Trump said or did, but sometimes also because of oil pipelines or poor responses to natural disasters), but somehow only the ones in support of a particular community routinely break down into looting and destroying property.

mitzi

I understand one of the cops in Minneapolis only had 4 days on the job.
How can they hold a rookie like that responsible.?
If he had told the veteran cop to stop he would have been ignored.

I've been trying to stay out of these discussions but have to ask if anyone else saw this. Whether this is fact or not, I don't know. I read one of them (not sure which one) asked shouldn't they turn him on his side. The response from no. Maybe it was the rookie who asked.

mitzi

Well they are nervous enough without expecting them to start giving advice and guidance to veterans.
They should be cautioned and put back to work.

If this is true, they shouldn't be convicted. Hoping during the trial, they throw Mr. I'm In Charge under the bus.

Scootboot

You can instead get shot when they do a no-knock raid in plain clothes in the middle of the night at the wrong house while they already have the guy they are looking for in custody...

If this whole mess was about the Breonna Taylor case instead of this guy would you be 100% on board? Or does the particular case that caused the spark not really matter that much?

I think many of the cops in this country are poorly trained, over equipped, and for some reason expect those they come into contact with to be perfectly calm and composed and follow every order exactly, while they can shoot whomever they want simply because the person twitched, or didn't comply fast enough. It's got to be a training issue, our military doesn't act that way when they are in much more stressful and hostile situations.

That said, the riots and looting are ridiculous. We have had hundreds, maybe thousands of demonstrations in the last few years (usually around something Trump said or did, but sometimes also because of oil pipelines or poor responses to natural disasters), but somehow only the ones in support of a particular community routinely break down into looting and destroying property.
[/QU

I admit I had to look up the Breonna Taylor case because her name isn't in the forefront. Maybe it should be, but because George Floyd is the name put on this movement then people protesting need to decide if he is the type of person worth destructing over. Maybe Breonna would be a better cause. I didn't pick the person. I'm just saying most people that are high and passing fake $20 bills are going to interact with the police and this guy had been arrested quite a few times. He knew what he was doing. Again he shouldn't have died that way and I hope the cop gets what he deserves but he chose actions that put in contact with the police; not the other way around.

Hessian

"On a positive note, I have been upgraded from mere "racist" to "Nazi Princess". :diva:

That's what we're dealing with here: telling the truth makes you a Nazi."

Oh go full on...use the correct terminology if that is the appellation that they threw at you:

Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei Prinzess

Clem72

"On a positive note, I have been upgraded from mere "racist" to "Nazi Princess". :diva:

That's what we're dealing with here: telling the truth makes you a Nazi."

Oh go full on...use the correct terminology if that is the appellation that they threw at you:

Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei Prinzess

View attachment 148681

You're not allowed to use the full name of their party as it has "the German people" (Deutsche) in the name, which makes it harder for Germans to frame the narrative that Nazism is something that happened to them, not something that was caused by them.

(only half joking)

Crabcatcher79

That's the thing. For the average white peron these protests are about George Floyd but for the average black person they can name dozens of incidents like this and they are all very much at the forefront. Breanna Taylor being the most recent and shocking. An emu having come home to rest after working a double shift is killed in her own home due to a faulty no knock raid. Then there is Ahmaud Aubrey. The list goes on and on.

I just think about how many times I have seen white school shooters like Dylan Roof perp walked out without a scratch on them and then given bullet proof vests to wear to protect them from the public.

Or the white guy caught mid rape of an unconscious woman who had his sentence reduce because he was " a good kid who didnt deserve to have his life ruined"

While George Floyd's neck was kneeled on for 8.5 minutes in view of 3 other officers and on video. I know you said you don't agree with what happened to him but that being a criminal makes him partially at fault but do you believe that goes for the cop who had 19 prior complaints against him?

Our own president has described white protesters as very fine people while also claiming black protestors are thugs.

I have recently heard people say that it is not that people are becoming more racist it is that these acts are just being filmed more often

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's the thing. For the average white peron these protests are about George Floyd but for the average black person they can name dozens of incidents like this and they are all very much at the forefront. Breanna Taylor being the most recent and shocking. An emu having come home to rest after working a double shift is killed in her own home due to a faulty no knock raid. Then there is Ahmaud Aubrey. The list goes on and on.

The list goes on for white perps, too. In fact cops kill almost twice as many white people as black. Just last year (?) Minneapolis cops gunned down that white woman in the alley behind her house when she was coming out to report a crime after having called them. Google Justine Damond.

I just think about how many times I have seen white school shooters like Dylan Roof perp walked out without a scratch on them and then given bullet proof vests to wear to protect them from the public.

Dylan Roof got the death penalty and is awaiting execution in Terra Haute. What do you think should have happened?

Or the white guy caught mid rape of an unconscious woman who had his sentence reduce because he was " a good kid who didnt deserve to have his life ruined"

I remember that well and everyone on this forum was angry about that and thought the judge should have been pulled and disbarred.

While George Floyd's neck was kneeled on for 8.5 minutes in view of 3 other officers and on video. I know you said you don't agree with what happened to him but that being a criminal makes him partially at fault but do you believe that goes for the cop who had 19 prior complaints against him?

Nobody is taking this Chavin person's side.

Our own president has described white protesters as very fine people while also claiming black protestors are thugs.

Uh, no. Fake news. Trump was specifically talking about the rioters and violent types when he said "thugs" and he didn't bring race into it.

The protesters and rioters are two separate groups that happen to be in the same place. Just because the media can't separate the two doesn't mean nobody else can. In fact, most of those AntiFa shitheads are young white punks, they aren't predominantly black.

I have recently heard people say that it is not that people are becoming more racist it is that these acts are just being filmed more often

I believe that's true, and on top of that the media sensationalizes it because race riots are good for their business.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I remember that well and everyone on this forum was angry about that and thought the judge should have been pulled and disbarred.
Brock Turner, Stanford University.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Brock Turner, Stanford University.

I might might have him confused with a different elitist puke. Who was the kid that was clearly guilty of his crime, but the judge let him go because he was a "good kid" (and his family was connected)? I just looked up the thread on Turner and he's not the one I'm thinking of. The one I'm thinking of his mother was highly involved in the whole thing.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I might might have him confused with a different elitist puke. Who was the kid that was clearly guilty of his crime, but the judge let him go because he was a "good kid" (and his family was connected)? I just looked up the thread on Turner and he's not the one I'm thinking of. The one I'm thinking of his mother was highly involved in the whole thing.
The Influenza Kid.

catlingirl

Was it the kid in New York?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
THAT'S him! Thanks!

Ethan Couch - here's an update for anyone interested:

That whole family needs to be gassed.