Is this theft?

Hijinx

Yep, there you go again.

She deserved to get her bitch ass kicked , amirite?

:yawn:
What I am saying is that there are 2 sides to every story, but a woman who has the balls to enter this man's residence breaking and entering and taking his property and carrying it to the police is no powder puff.

I don't know what she deserves I wasn't there neither were you---I don't think,
But she sounds to me like someone who could hold her own in an argument.
Although maybe a little weak in the physical department.
From her actions I would say she was in his face during their domestic spats.

Doesn't mean for a minute that he had a right to physically abuse her

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I see none of you take domestic abuse seriously.
While Joseph Irby was still in police custody, she drove to his apartment, got past the locked front door and collected the guns she knew he had, according to police records obtained by the Lakeland Ledger. Then the 32-year-old turned the weapons over to police.

He hasn't even had a chance to turn them in before she commences the B and E so she is clearly in the wrong.
He broke the law too - what's that make him? BTW, I do think she broke the law, but I also understand why and it certainly doesn't make her a bitch.

According to the article he hasn't broken the law (in regards to the gun possession) at this time because he hasn't been in the house with the weapons.

black dog

Free America
Yep, there you go again.

She deserved to get her bitch ass kicked , amirite?

:yawn:

I find queer that the husband denied any wrong doing and hasn't had his day in court and the wife admitted to police doing a B&E and stealing from the husband and he's the bad person here with you and a few others.....
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

black dog

Free America
He was arrested and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. I'm assuming that meant that someone thought he broke the law.

But yet you completely miss the simple facts that he denies any wrong doing and hasn't had his day in court. She on the other hand admitted to LE that she did a B&E and stole his firearms from his apartment.

Hijinx

I don't like the idea of turning weapons over to the police.
Perhaps there should be a repository somewhere besides the police department to store these weapons until the person is found not guilty or receives permission from the court to retrieve or even sell his property.
Remember these weapons ARE his property. He should have a right to sell them if he wishes to during the time he cannot have them.
Once they are turned in to the police --------well he certainly cannot sell them or give them away and it may be hell getting them back.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You know, there's right...and then there's dead right.

You beaters can call her a bunch of names if you want, and that speaks more about you all than it does her. Cops don't protect abused women, and our judicial system is a joke. So yes, legally she should have not taken his guns and just let him kill her, but I fully understand why she decided to try and protect herself instead.

Her mistake was taking the guns to the cops. She should have just taken them and hidden them somewhere. What's he going to do, report them stolen when he's not supposed to have them in the first place?

Her mistake was in trusting law enforcement and the "justice" system.
And in reply, to my past, "projection", in a previous post, I leave you with this perfect example of what it is I am talking about .....

Miss Hooters Tennessee finalist, 21, is arrested for smashing up her boyfriend's house just hours after he broke up with her.

As I've said, many women are conniving, evil, villainous, hateful, nefarious, diabolical, demonic, black-hearted, bitches. Period. The acting they do in front of, "law enforcers", in attempts to get a man into trouble are well rehearsed, and practiced, including with the obligatory tears, is done well before the phone call is made.

I'm in agreement with Black Dog. The guy has only been accused. Her word against his. My default position is she is a lying bitch unless proven otherwise.

A

Walk away from this? Yup. Somewhere,
there is a man that is just tried of putting
up with her sh-t.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
He was arrested and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. I'm assuming that meant that someone thought he broke the law.
That's why I said in regards to the gun possession, he hadn't been to the house between the time that he was charged with adw and the time that she broke in. He was informed by the police that she'd broken in whilst still in police custody.

littlelady

God bless the USA
"Even though I have been married for 56 years to the same woman who never so much as got a bruiserom me.
And who is definitely qualified for Sainthood. Such a beautiful caring , loving and faithful wife."

Physical, emotional and verbal abuse go hand in hand. Emotional and verbal stand on their own. If they work there is no need for physical. So how do you plead?

Good grief, happybutt. How do you know about Hijinx’s, or anyone else’s life? Just wondering. It seems you might have experienced what you posted. I am sad if you did. Take care.

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

"Even though I have been married for 56 years to the same woman who never so much as got a bruiserom me. And who is definitely qualified for Sainthood. Such a beautiful caring , loving and faithful wife."

Physical, emotional and verbal abuse go hand in hand. Emotional and verbal stand on their own. If they work there is no need for physical. So how do you plead?
You know. I would wager there are far more many women that, "mind fu-k", men than there are men that verbally and emotionally abuse the woman they are with. Too many people through brainwashing and agitprop, give full latitude and leeway to women always being the, no fault, dainty, fairer sex, honorable, chaste, virtuous, innocent, and gentlewoman, when it the furthest thing from the truth.

As an example, again, The female bike passenger raised her middle finger and is seen banging on the hood of the family's car and yelling at the driver. Not getting into the whole reason for this story. But this woman is just the passenger on a motorcycle causing more of a scene and trouble than the actual culprits. This is women, bitches, today.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I don't like the idea of turning weapons over to the police.
Perhaps there should be a repository somewhere besides the police department to store these weapons until the person is found not guilty or receives permission from the court to retrieve or even sell his property.
Remember these weapons ARE his property. He should have a right to sell them if he wishes to during the time he cannot have them.
Once they are turned in to the police --------well he certainly cannot sell them or give them away and it may be hell getting them back.
It's my understanding that in some states the accused abuser can turn his/her guns over to a FFL holder for safekeeping. When someone breaks in and steals your crap, you lose that option. And yes, if you break and enter to steal someone's legally obtained and very valuable property, you are a bitch, breaking the law, and should be held accountable. I don't care how much fear the thief had, she doesn't have the right to nullify this guy's constitutional rights.

This_person

Given that the alleged attack against her was with his car, why would they take the guns and not the car? The CAR is the deadly weapon he allegedly used, so shouldn't we have common sense car control? A seven day waiting period before he can have any keys. Governors to limit the engines' abilities to make more than 5 mph? Just common sense control over these deadly weapons no one actually NEEDS to have (you can take public transportation - only bus drivers and taxi drivers NEED cars).

Hijinx

It's my understanding that in some states the accused abuser can turn his/her guns over to a FFL holder for safekeeping. When someone breaks in and steals your crap, you lose that option. And yes, if you break and enter to steal someone's legally obtained and very valuable property, you are a bitch, breaking the law, and should be held accountable. I don't care how much fear the thief had, she doesn't have the right to nullify this guy's constitutional rights.

How much fear can you have when you go to the domicile of the person you fear and take their property.?
She had to know that this would really piss the guy off and make him want to get revenge.
She had to know that if she got caught by him in his home there would be hell to pay.

Like I said before this is no cowering individual.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would say a sense of entitlement told her that she could get away with it.

I would say she's not real bright (evidenced by her taking up with a beater in the first place) and she thought this was a good idea. Clearly she wasn't trying to "steal" anything, and she didn't think she was doing anything wrong, or she wouldn't have taken the guns to the cops and told them how she obtained them.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult to see that. Maybe the media spin machine has just trained us over the decades to lose our critical thinking skills.

This_person

I would say she's not real bright (evidenced by her taking up with a beater in the first place) and she thought this was a good idea. Clearly she wasn't trying to "steal" anything, and she didn't think she was doing anything wrong, or she wouldn't have taken the guns to the cops and told them how she obtained them.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult to see that. Maybe the media spin machine has just trained us over the decades to lose our critical thinking skills.
So, you think she doesn't know that breaking and entering is against the law, that taking property that does not belong to you is against the law....or, that she thought she was in special circumstances and therefore the law didn't apply to her - you know, like she was "entitled" to do this because of the circumstances in which she was?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, you think she doesn't know that breaking and entering is against the law, that taking property that does not belong to you is against the law....or, that she thought she was in special circumstances and therefore the law didn't apply to her - you know, like she was "entitled" to do this because of the circumstances in which she was?

If she's such an amoral hardened criminal, why did she take them to the cops?

Answer that one question - why did she take the guns to the cops?

This_person

If she's such an amoral hardened criminal, why did she take them to the cops?

Answer that one question - why did she take the guns to the cops?
Merlin already answered it, and I followed it up - she felt entitled to steal, that it wasn't really stealing and the law didn't apply to her, because she's a poor defenseless woman who needed to be kept safe from the big bad mean guy, and everyone would understand it was ok for her to steal because the judge said he couldn't have these guns, so she just took the law into her own hands. She was entitled to, and had no inkling she'd be held to consequence for her actions, her actions weren't "wrong" after all.

I have no defense for a man who would hurt a woman, especially with a tool like a car. If he's guilty of 1/10 of what is claimed against him, he's a piece of filth who deserves the full weight of the law to crush him like the bug he is. And none of that, not one single part of that, makes it ok to steal from him, or to break into his house. It makes her little better than him. That she thought it was perfectly reasonable, and she went to the cops with her loot, does not absolve her of being guilty - it proves she's of an entitled mindset that thinks laws don't apply to her.

Answer the one question back, though: is it reasonable to assume she does not know breaking into a home and taking things is against the law? The obvious follow up is, if she does not fit the "entitled" mindset, do you think she did it knowing she'd be arrested?