Isabel

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by IM4Change
What sucks is that it is supposed to hit here about 2 a.m. on Friday. That means somebody has to stay up and keep track of the storm.
If you're here, you're going to be up. Might not be online, but you ain't sleeping through it.

K

Kizzy

The media is getting on my nerves with storm preparation. You wait to watch/hear the latest news on the storm and you have to listen and watch people buy water, batteries, ply board their houses and pack sand. Well, I just want them to tell me where the fricken storm is, that is all. :rolleyes:

Bertha Venation

What sucks is that it is supposed to hit here about 2 a.m. on Friday. That means somebody has to stay up and keep track of the storm.
Well, in our house that would be me. How about your house?

Hopefully, my boss, who lives in Alexandria, will realize that sometimes life must interrupt the practice of federal Indian law, and that her secretary is not out to ruin that practice. If she realizes these things, she won't balk when I tell her I can't get my Tercel over the trees laying across Piney Church Road.

K

Kizzy

I have a question for everyone. Who is your favorite weather person?

I like Doug Hill, channel 7.

mainman

Set Trippin

they all annoy me equally... If I had to pick Id stay old school and say Willard!!!

Bertha Venation

Dr. George Fishbeck of KABC-TV, Los Angeles. I don't even know if he's still living. He did the weather when I was a kid. My favorite living, practicing meteorologist: Fritz Coleman, KNBC, Los Angeles. "Fritz Said It Would Be Like This.™" (I'm a little homesick.)

Locally, Bob Ryan, just because he's on the channel 4 news, and that's the news I watch. :shrug:

K

Kizzy

Tiki Bar

They took the big sign down and boarded her up this evening. It made the news.

K

Kizzy

The eye of the storm is redefining itself and becoming stronger. It is still a category #2, but it still has to cross the warmer waters, which will surely strengthen it, so it may become a lower level category #3.

TWLs wife

All warrening are out it coming right too us.

To all places around water. Ocean city, St.marys , & other places around ( It Starts Wed. Night) then we go from there. Which the news.:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Hessian

Tide table

Could someone post the high & low tides for Solomons, Cove Point, Long Beach? I'd like to see when the surge will come in...
Thanks.

Looks like my novice prediction of 9/12 wasn't too far off.

TWLs wife

Re: Tide table

Originally posted by Hessian
Could someone post the high & low tides for Solomons, Cove Point, Long Beach? I'd like to see when the surge will come in...
Thanks.

Looks like my novice prediction of 9/12 wasn't too far off.

We have to which it.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Hessian

Tide Tables

http://www.saltwatertides.com/cgi-local/marylanddnr.cgi

I guess I found the right site...have a look...Mid Calvert will be at High Tide by 9 AM Friday morning....when the eye of Isabel is sitting up on Frederick MD (sorry Vrai)
We're on the east side...thus with high tide, how will Flag Ponds and Calvert Cliffs park do?

Ready for a damaged boat auction at Solomons by Saturday?

SeaRide

tide

Solomons

Th 18 Low 3:21 AM
18 High 7:38 AM
18 Low 1:20 PM
18 High 8:42 PM

F 19 Low 4:22 AM
19 High 8:39 AM
19 Low 2:15 PM
19 High 9:36 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Cove Point

Th 18 Low 3:46 AM
18 High 8:18 AM
18 Low 1:45 PM
18 High 9:22 PM

F 19 Low 4:47 AM
19 High 9:19 AM
19 Low 2:40 PM
19 High 10:16 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Long Beach

Th
18 Low 4:01 AM
18 High 8:13 AM
18 Low 2:00 PM
18 High 9:17 PM

F 19 Low 5:02 AM
19 High 9:14 AM
19 Low 2:55 PM
19 High 10:11 PM

Last edited:

TWLs wife

That the news says the eye is growing. The tides are going to be real bad for these who live around the water. so like around us.:bawl: :bawl:

SeaRide

Wonder how those RVs at the Breezy Point campground are going to survive through this one?

I guess I could check it out on Saturday.

Hessian

Searide...thanks but isn't that data last week?????

For fun...check out NBC4 website on the "hurricane desk"...lots of features,...past storms, tracking...damage..and more.

I am looking forward to another cord of firewood for the winter by the storm this blows past.!!

K

Kain99

Taping Windows

OK do I tape them in a cross like Fox5dc.com says or in an X ???? Stupid question but humor me. :wink: