Isaiah 7 Rules of Conception

seekeroftruth

Isaiah 7:1 When Ahaz son of Jotham, the son of Uzziah, was king of Judah, King Rezin of Aram and Pekah son of Remaliah king of Israel marched up to fight against Jerusalem, but they could not overpower it.
2 Now the house of David was told, “Aram has allied itself with[a] Ephraim”; so the hearts of Ahaz and his people were shaken, as the trees of the forest are shaken by the wind.
3 Then the Lord said to Isaiah, “Go out, you and your son Shear-Jashub,[b] to meet Ahaz at the end of the aqueduct of the Upper Pool, on the road to the Launderer’s Field. 4 Say to him, ‘Be careful, keep calm and don’t be afraid. Do not lose heart because of these two smoldering stubs of firewood—because of the fierce anger of Rezin and Aram and of the son of Remaliah. 5 Aram, Ephraim and Remaliah’s son have plotted your ruin, saying, 6 “Let us invade Judah; let us tear it apart and divide it among ourselves, and make the son of Tabeel king over it.”7 Yet this is what the Sovereign Lord says:
“‘It will not take place,
it will not happen,

8 for the head of Aram is Damascus,
and the head of Damascus is only Rezin.
Within sixty-five years
Ephraim will be too shattered to be a people.
9 The head of Ephraim is Samaria,
and the head of Samaria is only Remaliah’s son.
If you do not stand firm in your faith,
you will not stand at all.’”
10 Again the Lord spoke to Ahaz, 11 “Ask the Lord your God for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or in the highest heights.”
12 But Ahaz said, “I will not ask; I will not put the Lord to the test.”
13 Then Isaiah said, “Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of humans? Will you try the patience of my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you[c] a sign: The virgin[d] will conceive and give birth to a son, and[e] will call him Immanuel.[f] 15 He will be eating curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, 16 for before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste. 17 The Lord will bring on you and on your people and on the house of your father a time unlike any since Ephraim broke away from Judah—he will bring the king of Assyria.”
18 In that day the Lord will whistle for flies from the Nile delta in Egypt and for bees from the land of Assyria. 19 They will all come and settle in the steep ravines and in the crevices in the rocks, on all the thornbushes and at all the water holes.20 In that day the Lord will use a razor hired from beyond the Euphrates River—the king of Assyria—to shave your head and private parts, and to cut off your beard also. 21 In that day, a person will keep alive a young cow and two goats. 22 And because of the abundance of the milk they give, there will be curds to eat. All who remain in the land will eat curds and honey. 23 In that day, in every place where there were a thousand vines worth a thousand silver shekels,[g] there will be only briers and thorns. 24 Hunters will go there with bow and arrow, for the land will be covered with briers and thorns. 25 As for all the hills once cultivated by the hoe, you will no longer go there for fear of the briers and thorns; they will become places where cattle are turned loose and where sheep run.

a. Isaiah 7:2 Or has set up camp in
b. Isaiah 7:3 Shear-Jashub means a remnant will return.
c. Isaiah 7:14 The Hebrew is plural.
d. Isaiah 7:14 Or young woman
e. Isaiah 7:14 Masoretic Text; Dead Sea Scrolls son, and he or son, and they
f. Isaiah 7:14 Immanuel means God with us.
g. Isaiah 7:23 That is, about 25 pounds or about 12 kilograms

Well.... finally.... a Jesus sighting that can be no other.... out of the house of David.... born of a virgin.

Now.... what's all the hubbub that brought up the Jesus sighting? OK... Israel and Judah [where Jerusalem is located] are split. Ahaz is the king of Judah. To understand this chapter of Isaiah.... I need a refresher on Ahaz....this is from gotquestions.org.

Ahaz was an evil king of Judah who became king at the age of 20 and reigned for 4 years with his father, Jotham, from 735 to 731 BC, and 16 years on his own, from 731 to 715 BC. Second Kings 16 and 2 Chronicles 28 record King Ahaz’s destructive practices, such as idol worship and sacrilege against the temple of the Lord. The actions of Ahaz contributed to the downfall of the kingdom of Judah, which the Lord brought about in 586 BC. Isaiah 7–10 speaks of the results and consequences of King Ahaz’s wicked ways.​
Ahaz’s father, King Jotham, was one of the good kings of Judah (2 Chronicles 27:2), so it is unclear why King Ahaz departed so completely from the teachings of the Lord. His repugnant deeds included sacrificing his own children, which was a great evil the kingdom of Israel had already been practicing (2 Kings 16:3; 2 Chronicles 28:3). King Ahaz also desecrated the temple as a result of his alliance with the king of Assyria, which came about in response to punishment God sent on Ahaz in the form of attacks on Ahaz’s land.​
King Rezin of Aram and King Pekah of Israel had besieged King Ahaz’s lands, and, although they were not strong enough to defeat Ahaz, they did “inflict heavy casualties on him” (2 Chronicles 28:5). Not only were Ahaz’s son Maaseiah and his second-in-command, Elkanah, killed, but over 100,000 soldiers were killed, and Judah’s cities were plundered. Many Israelites who were living in Judah were taken captive (verses 6–8). Because of all this, Ahaz appealed to the king of Assyria, Tiglath-Pileser, for help in defeating Aram and Israel. Tiglath-Pileser complied and attacked Damascus, capturing the city and killing King Rezin.​
When King Ahaz met the victorious king of Assyria in Damascus, he saw a pagan altar there he wanted to copy for his own use in Jerusalem. So he sent plans to his priest Uriah, who finished the altar before Ahaz came back from Damascus (2 Kings 16:11). Upon his return, King Ahaz made sacrifices on the altar to the gods of Damascus. He moved the altar of the Lord, and, although he still planned to use it for “guidance” (verse 15), Ahaz offered all the sacrifices on the new altar.
Ahaz’s sacrilege did not end there. To impress the king of Assyria, he removed the royal entryway of the temple as well as the Sabbath canopy, and cut the temple furnishings into pieces (2 Kings 16:17–18; 2 Chronicles 28:24). After shutting the doors to the temple, he placed altars at all the street corners in Jerusalem and high places for worshipping false gods in every city in Judah (2 Chronicles 28:24–25).​
Now... the last few verses were way over my head so I went to the easy English site.

Verse 18 This starts a section that has ‘on that day’ 4 times (verses 18, 20, 21 and 23). ‘On that day’ probably means the day on which Assyria’s army attacked Ephraim and Syria. Bad things will happen to some people (verses 18, 20 and 23). But good things will happen to other people (verse 21). Not all Bible students agree with that. However, it seems to be a good way to understand the prophecy in verse 16. But maybe Isaiah meant that Assyria would attack all three countries (Ephraim, Syria and Judah). Then verse 21 would mean that people became poorer. They had less than they had before. Probably we will never know the right way to understand verse 21!
‘Egypt’s river’ is the Nile river. The flies from the river were a nuisance. They carried diseases to people. Here, the ‘flies’ are a special description of the army from Egypt. ‘Bees’ are small insects that make honey. But they also sting people. Here again, the speaker is describing an army. This time, the army will come from Assyria. It seems that the LORD will call armies from both countries.​
Verse 19 Isaiah continues the special description of the armies as insects. They will ‘fly’ to Israel and Syria (and maybe Judah) and they will ‘land’ everywhere. A ‘thorn bush’ is a bush with small, sharp points (‘thorns’) that grow out of its branches.​
Verse 20 Foreign armies used to cut off all the hair of the people whom they defeated. It made the people feel very ashamed. To shave the hair from ‘the legs’ probably means this. It probably means ‘the parts of the body that people use for sex’.​
Verses 21-22 Assyria’s soldiers took most people whom they defeated away to another country. But they left a few people behind. That might refer to the few people in the place called Ephraim. If it was so, then they did not have much. Each person only had one cow and he also had two goats or two sheep. Wild bees (small insects) made honey. There would be many wild bees, even if there were not many people. On the other hand, butter and honey could mean good food. So perhaps these verses do not mean the people in Ephraim. Maybe they mean the people that remained in Judah. We do not know!​
When I was a kid... I knew a boy [a friend's brother] who played with toy soldiers. He would arrange big battles.... and he knew how the battle was going to go while he was putting his toy soldiers on the "battlefield". He would talk to and for his soldiers.... as the war was pending.... he would talk to and for his soldiers while the war was going on.... he would knock down the dead soldiers and move some lucky soldiers out of harms way so they could fight during the clean up. I only watched him once.... while I was waiting for his sister to get her shoes on or something like that.... but I remember it clearly..... I guess because... he was an example of God.... he controlled everything.

IMHO.... that's kind of what I see here.... only real.... The people of Judah should have stopped Ahaz.... somehow.... but they didn't. They didn't ask God to fix it either.... that was their big mistake, IMHO..... if the people had asked God to intervene when Ahaz moved that fake poop into the Temple.... God would have responded differently..... maybe he would have been hung by his hair in a tree like Absalom.

Ahaz didn't want to "test God". Well any God who can change the rules of conception is going to pass every test a mere human can give.... IMHO. God created humans.... He can cause a virgin birth.... that totally changes the rules of conception..... no human required! And Ahaz doesn't want to test God.

☕