Israel: Iran 'months' from making nukes

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/05/21/iran.nuclear/index.html

CNN said:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iran is only months away from joining the club of nations that can make a nuclear weapon, Israel's prime minister said in a recent interview.

"The technological threshold is very close," Ehud Olmert said on CNN's "Late Edition" in an interview taped Thursday and broadcast Sunday.

"It can be measured by months rather than years."

Only problem I have with this is that I don't trust Israel either. Can we get some of our own guys overthere to verify this.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Bustem' Down said:
No, some of them super sneaky guys we have. What are they called.........Special Forces.

Well there goes that plan. Don't you know Iran reads SOMD to find out what the U.S. is up to? Sheeeshhh... Can't keep a secret for anything.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bustem' Down said:
No, some of them super sneaky guys we have. What are they called.........Special Forces.
Yeah right..

Israel has a great intel arm.. their humint is ten times better then ours, as they STILL have it.

If Israel says Iran is months away. BELIEVE it.. then wait to see what they are willing to do about it..

Iran has already said if they have the capability they will wipe Israel off of the map, so can't blame them for being pre-emptive. Question is, what will Iran do in retaliation..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I just want to know when I can return to my rightful place on the throne as King of Persia...

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
itsbob said:
Yeah right..

Israel has a great intel arm.. their humint is ten times better then ours, as they STILL have it.

If Israel says Iran is months away. BELIEVE it.. then wait to see what they are willing to do about it..

Iran has already said if they have the capability they will wipe Israel off of the map, so can't blame them for being pre-emptive. Question is, what will Iran do in retaliation..
But I don't trust Israel. I wouldn't put it past them to use us or any other nation to get what they want.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bustem' Down said:
But I don't trust Israel. I wouldn't put it past them to use us or any other nation to get what they want.
Like peaceful existence?? What have they done different then anything we would have done, if we had the backbone??

How many countries have they invaded, yet how many times have they been invaded? how much real estate have they given up to ensure peace, to include captured land from invading armies, only to e attacked again and again?

I have a LOT of faith in Israel..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bustem' Down said:
I wouldn't put it past them to use us or any other nation to get what they want.
MY GOD!!!! A country that will go to any means to stop the destruction of their nation and the wholesale killing of their citizens!

I can't believe it! Where are my smelling salts? :faint:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Anything they want...

Bustem' Down said:

...like survival, for instance?

I trust them to do what they gotta do to stay alive. We do NOT have to lift a finger. They can NOT sustain a nuclear attack. We can. The Arabs can. The Persians can.

It's one thing if your neighbor has a gun in his closet. It's another if he's locked and load and holding it to your temple, all day, every day.
The question is whether or not they decide that they can trust Iran to not use a weapon on them, ever. If they can't, they preempt.

I wouldn't waste another minute of our time or resources on Iran. Let Israel deal with it...because they will.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Larry Gude said:
It's one thing if your neighbor has a gun in his closet. It's another if he's locked and load and holding it to your temple, all day, every day.
The question is whether or not they decide that they can trust Iran to not use a weapon on them, ever. If they can't, they preempt.
But it's another thing entirely to convince the guy accross the street to shoot your neighbor because you say he has a gun, and you really don't know if he does or not, you just don't like him. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe that Iran needs to be dealt with, and strictly. I just don't want to do it solely on Israel's word because I don't trust them.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
A year or two ago the Isrealis (Benjamin Netenyahu (sp?)) predicted Iran would be capable of producing nuke weapons by May 2006. They've been telling the U.S. (and probably anybody else who would listen) about this for a relatively long time. I imagine our inertia with regard to the situation is in part caused by the reaction we can expect from Americans who are anti-war and isolationists.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bustem' Down said:
I just don't want to do it solely on Israel's word because I don't trust them.

How about doing it on the word of the Iranians themselves? They already said they were close to full nuclear capability. They already called for the destruction of Israel.

I don't think you get any clearer than that.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And I added...

Bustem' Down said:
But it's another thing entirely to convince the guy accross the street to shoot your neighbor because you say he has a gun, and you really don't know if he does or not, you just don't like him. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe that Iran needs to be dealt with, and strictly. I just don't want to do it solely on Israel's word because I don't trust them.

...that WE shouldn't do sqaut. Iran is NOT our problem. I don't say with any convition that WE must do something about the Persians. The whole damn thing can fall apart; Iraq, Iran, Israel and so forth. If oil gets bad enough, the shale and the bio fuels and ANWR and offshore drilling and all of that comes on line sooner and larger.

The more I think about it the less it makes sense for us to even talk to Iran.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
vraiblonde said:
How about doing it on the word of the Iranians themselves? They already said they were close to full nuclear capability. They already called for the destruction of Israel.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Let's send some people in to check it out and see if they're bluffing. If they are close, slam them, if they're bluffing, show the world how impotant they are and put them in time out for a while.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah but...

vraiblonde said:

...I think his point is why should WE do Israels job. He didn't threaten us as explicitly.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Larry Gude said:
...I think his point is why should WE do Israels job. He didn't threaten us as explicitly.
And quite frankly I'm not their protector. They can get nuked for all I care.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
You're right. We should let Iran alone. Terrorists need supplies and a safe haven, and without them, there'd be no war on terror - a huge expense that Bush started on his own. :sarcasm:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I won't agree...

Bustem' Down said:
And quite frankly I'm not their protector. They can get nuked for all I care.

...in that manner because I do care that they or anyone gets killed. We DO have a commitment on some level to help peace, if we can. I think what we are doing in Iraq is totally a good and noble idea; try and incubate and nuture westernized government and values in the region.

To sit here and have a pizzing contest with Iran, well, there's people with far greater interests in Iran than us. Iran and Syria and Saudi, all of them face the same problem; potential internal chaos as their people long for freedom more and more. So, threaten Israel, distract the populace.