Israel: Iran 'months' from making nukes

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There's your task...

Bustem' Down said:
Mutually Assured Destruction also worked during the cold war because the Russians wanted to live. The leadership of Iran might decide that they are sacrificing thier entire counrty to heaven in a firey Jihad.

Evaluate that risk. Show your work.

:popcorn:

Hessian

Anybody care to speculate what the Russian response would be if Israel//US takes out the Iranian Nuke facilities?
(And kill a couple dozen of their technicians?)

Also...hasn't there been an interception of NK missles shipped to Iran?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
Diplomacy, sticks and carrots is always a desirable route.
I'm sick of sticks and carrots. I'm ready to break out the whip and start beating some ass. When you start negotiating and paying these people, their cooperation only lasts as long as the money does. And eventually they'll come with their hands out and request more.

In order for diplomacy to work, both parties must want roughly the same thing. The Iranian leadership does not want peace. They've never wanted peace, as far as I can tell. The first thing they taught us in sales school is when to walk away - you can close many deals, but you can't close an irrational, emotional mindset. That's why all these Palestinian/Isreali "peace talks" never go anywhere.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That point may have been reached...

vraiblonde said:
I'm sick of sticks and carrots. I'm ready to break out the whip and start beating some ass. When you start negotiating and paying these people, their cooperation only lasts as long as the money does. And eventually they'll come with their hands out and request more.

In order for diplomacy to work, both parties must want roughly the same thing. The Iranian leadership does not want peace. They've never wanted peace, as far as I can tell. The first thing they taught us in sales school is when to walk away - you can close many deals, but you can't close an irrational, emotional mindset. That's why all these Palestinian/Isreali "peace talks" never go anywhere.

...and I'm all for anything that motivates us to get off foreign oil.

Mikeinsmd

Larry Gude said:
...and I'm all for anything that motivates us to get off foreign oil.
Just reported on O'Reilly: "Iran has until July 12th to respond to our offer or US will take action." Iran says: "Not gonna happen" (in an accent of course). :bubble: