Issue #3...buggery

Consenting adults...

• Let 'er rip, just don't scare the animals

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • There must be workplace limits (seniority/coercion issues)

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • The government belongs in the bedroom...with camera...and note pad...just for the trial you see...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This space for rent

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Larry Gude said:
There should be no laws regarding sex for consenting adults

I agree.

While I think adultery is ethically wrong, I also think the old laws against it represented intrusion into people's personal lives. Imagine the embarrassment of finding out about your spouse's infidelity from the police blotter. Plus, in practice, those laws were probably unenforceable.

Last edited:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
kwillia said:
I vote for whichever choice still allows for a penalty for early withdrawal.

:lol: Sounds like legislation pushed by the political action committee for the Million Moan March.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

Tonio said:
I agree.

While I think adultery is ethically wrong, I also think the old laws against it represented intrusion into people's personal lives. Imagine the embarrassment of finding out about your spouse's infidelity from the police blotter. Plus, in practice, those laws were probably unenforceable.

...but adultery, by definition, is non-consensual; you are bound by a civil contract to foreswear all others and thereby cannot consent. Cheating is cheating and that's all there is to it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
Cheating is cheating and that's all there is to it.
That's their problem - the government shouldn't have anything to do with it.

I said "Let 'Er Rip". I'm even against sexual harrassment laws (which bar an employer from trying to put the make on his employees). If you do not like what goes on in your place of business, leave. This is America and you can work wherever you want to. And if you're such a worm that you can't tell your boss to stick it, then you deserve what you get.

Someone change my mind about this.

Toxick

Splat
I said "let 'er rip"

I almost selected the one about workplace limits - but then I realized that sexual harrassment has about as much to do with sex between consenting adults as rape does - which is nothing at all.

I think sexual harrassment is reprehensible and should be punished: however, I think it should be left up to company policy to handle these situations - not the gubmint.

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:

I said "Let 'Er Rip". I'm even against sexual harrassment laws (which bar an employer from trying to put the make on his employees). If you do not like what goes on in your place of business, leave. This is America and you can work wherever you want to. And if you're such a worm that you can't tell your boss to stick it, then you deserve what you get.

I don't understand why anyone would want harrassment laws. The current system works pretty good. Companies are scared of lawsuits, so they don't allow harrassment, and they fire anyone who can be shown to have harrassed. No government involvement needed.

The "bad touch" is assault, not harrassment, and should remain so.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
vraiblonde said:
I'll agree with that, but I also don't think one should fee humiliated, embarassed or even scared to get up and go to work in the morning. I could be a veteran at my place of employment and some young guy could get hired and start harassing me. Why should I have to leave? :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wanted...

vraiblonde said:

...'Exoctic' dancers for greenhouse work. Duties include pulling gerbers, loading carts, general clean up and light office work. Bring your own knee pads. $8 an hour for greenhouse. $250 for office 'work'."

How's that?

Larry Gude said:
...'Exoctic' dancers for greenhouse work. Duties include pulling gerbers, loading carts, general clean up and light office work. Bring your own knee pads. $8 an hour for greenhouse. $250 for office 'work'."

How's that?
:roflmao: :notworthy

:popcorn:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:

How's that?
$250???? What the hell is that??? You only offered me $50!!!

:mad:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chasey_Lane said:
I could be a veteran at my place of employment and some young guy could get hired and start harassing me. Why should I have to leave?
Um...ideally you'd go to your boss and complain, then your boss would take appropriate action. If the action said boss took was unsatisfactory to you, you would go up the chain of command until you either received satisfaction or realized you should explore other career opportunities.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is not the religion forum...

kwillia said:
Dayum, Larry is like butta today...:roflmao:

...so I'll thank you for taking your talk of Buddhas brother Bhutta elsewhere.

:razz:

I'll bite; How is Larry like butta?