It’s not racist.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Utah Governor Defends Racism As Long As It’s Against White Kids

The program created by the NBA team allots a scholarship to a new “underrepresented student of color enrolling as a freshman for the 2021-22 school year” for every team win during the 2020-21 season basketball season. To qualify for the funds, students must have graduated from high school and be a “person of color.” Since the program’s start, the team has handed out nearly 50 full-ride scholarships to black and minority students only.

[clip]

When asked if Cox believes that excluding white people from amenities, finances, and programs is racist, the governor’s office reiterated his former claim but said it did not apply to government scholarships.

“Gov. Cox believes the Utah Jazz has every right to act according to their own corporate values and issue scholarships to whomever they choose. Government scholarships, on the other hand, are not based on race,” a spokesperson from the governor’s office told The Federalist.

The Utah Jazz also did not respond to The Federalist’s request for comment.

In addition to his comments about racism during the question and answer session, Cox claimed, without evidence, that masks are still required in Utah schools because education facilities “had high transmission rates early in the pandemic.” Cox also told a citizen concerned about the governor’s amassed power during the pandemic that he doesn’t support “reining in executive powers — especially on health and safety issues.”

Smokey1

Its racist by definition but since its not being done by the government it is questionable how legal it is.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

What did you expect? It's the God D NBA. Have you seen the racial makeup? It is 74.2 percent black players, 16.9 percent white players, 2.2 percent Latino players of any race, and 0.4 percent Asian players. There were 6.3 percent of the players classified as "other" races.

Why any white man would want to play professional basketball nowadays is beyond me. Dealing with all those uppity BLM asshats has got to be tiring and frustrating.

limblips

PREMO Member
So wait, a private enterprise (the Utah Jazz) can openly exclude an entire race from eligibility for a program? So why can't a private enterprise (any non-government business in the country) exclude an entire race from their business?

Please explain.

Hijinx

So wait, a private enterprise (the Utah Jazz) can openly exclude an entire race from eligibility for a program? So why can't a private enterprise (any non-government business in the country) exclude an entire race from their business?

Please explain.

Light Roasted jus explained it. They can do it because they are black and have black preference.
With all due respect, you haven't been paying attention for a while. Blacks Trannies , illegals, and LGBT%& WTF's are the folks with the clout in today's world.

I guess now we can all see why I got 30 days in the facebook jail. LMAO
Never tell the truth in facebook if you want to stay there.

Smokey1

Light Roasted jus explained it. They can do it because they are black and have black preference.
With all due respect, you haven't been paying attention for a while. Blacks Trannies , illegals, and LGBT%& WTF's are the folks with the clout in today's world.

I guess now we can all see why I got 30 days in the facebook jail. LMAO
Never tell the truth in facebook if you want to stay there.

So much for equality under the law.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Some think the solution to racism is more racism or the right racism.

The word racist now sits along with the words Nazi & collusion in my list of words that signal me to tune people out. Existential may end up on the list also. I think a lot of politicians use that word to sound intelligent.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is nothing new. 40 years ago when I was looking for college scholarships there were tons of them specific to a certain race or ethnic background. Anyone remember affirmative action?

What's interesting is that in 40 years we have made so little racial progress that insts are STILL prodding black kids to go to college and bribing them with scholarships. We're STILL setting quotas and rounding up black kids with no interest in higher education to meet those quotas.

:lol:

What a country!

Like, 25 years ago there was a study in CA of black kids in at-risk areas getting a full ride scholarship, and how many of them made it to graduation. The number was very small, in fact it might have been zero, with the majority not even making it past Freshman year.

Why not teach those kids a trade instead? I mean, I know why they don't - because the goal isn't to better the lives of minorities. But if they did want to evolve people out of a bad environment, that seems like a better idea than jamming them in some college they're not prepared for and have no interest in.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
or worse yet - getting educated is ' Acting White '

That's fairly normal in any society, though. It's easier to tear someone else down than to lift yourself up. Doers make no-accounts feel like the bums they are, so they lash out. White people do it to each other, too.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
All the immigrants that used to come here...Irish, Italians, Germans ,Pollacks, Russian Jews, Asians , Middle Easterners, etc. all tried to assimilate to White culture. Not anymore...they all want to turn us into the shitholes they left

Clem72

This is nothing new. 40 years ago when I was looking for college scholarships there were tons of them specific to a certain race or ethnic background. Anyone remember affirmative action?

Except most (likely all) of those were not from the government. A person or business is usually able to setup a scholarship in any way they like, especially if they aren't posing as a non-profit/tax exempt organization.

The only grants/scholarships I can remember from the government that was specific to race were for native americans.

BOP

What's interesting is that in 40 years we have made so little racial progress that insts are STILL prodding black kids to go to college and bribing them with scholarships. We're STILL setting quotas and rounding up black kids with no interest in higher education to meet those quotas.

:lol:

What a country!

Like, 25 years ago there was a study in CA of black kids in at-risk areas getting a full ride scholarship, and how many of them made it to graduation. The number was very small, in fact it might have been zero, with the majority not even making it past Freshman year.

Why not teach those kids a trade instead? I mean, I know why they don't - because the goal isn't to better the lives of minorities. But if they did want to evolve people out of a bad environment, that seems like a better idea than jamming them in some college they're not prepared for and have no interest in.
I saw it live when I went to community college, and especially at the upper division. The grant/loan/scholarship money would come in, the recipients would scoot out the back door (so to speak), never to be seen again .... until the next disbursment was handed out. Because I was older, I related better to admin & staff, and they'd tell me it was the same old story, year after year. Certain people would milk the system until it couldn't be milked anymore, then they'd move on.