SamSpade

[B]Joni Ernst[/B]‏Verified account @[B]SenJoniErnst[/B]
FollowFollow @SenJoniErnst
More
The Democratic House Managers’ hypocrisy is on full display:
they’ve spent most of their time lecturing the Senate on aid to Ukraine,
yet four of them voted AGAINST legislation that provided the very same aid
they’re lecturing us on.

Actually what also gets me is this faux outrage that without the aid to Ukraine people would DIE - and yet not ONLY did these guys vote against it, but until Trump, previous aid consisted of things like blankets. Trump provided LETHAL aid (to be used against his presumed puppet masters, the Russians) while his predecessor sat on his hands when Russia annexed Crimea. Was anyone concerned about helping Ukraine, then?

transporter

Just to point out the stunningly obvious:

Not one thing you said has anything to do with Trump withholding Congressionally approved funding in order to influence the 2020 Presidential election.

The type of funding and who voted for or against it is completely irrelevant.

It really isn't that hard to understand.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Not one thing you said has anything to do with Trump withholding Congressionally approved funding in order to influence the 2020 Presidential election.

PROVE IT - where has Trump EVER said he was worried about Biden or intended ANY Investigation to Influence the Election

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Just to point out to the stunningly oblivious:

It wasn't funding, it was aid, and Trump withheld neither. He said he'd be interested to know about Biden's crimes against America.

You really have difficulty understanding.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I guess I have a slightly different view of foreign aid. Just because Congress appropriates the aid doesn't mean it has to be handed out. The President, as the chief executive, should have the authority to withhold aid based on what the executive branch sees on the ground at any particular moment.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I guess I have a slightly different view of foreign aid. Just because Congress appropriates the aid doesn't mean it has to be handed out. The President, as the chief executive, should have the authority to withhold aid based on what the executive branch sees on the ground at any particular moment.
Foreign aid should follow foreign policy and the CEO of the US sets that, sooo....

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

In other words like any bill the Congress passes, the President should have veto power.

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds

Is your brain impediment due to Alcohol abuse or is it Syphilis?

Barabbas

In other words like any bill the Congress passes, the President should have veto power.
He had that power when the budget was presented for his signature.

This is why:
A) Omnibus spending bills are bad, mmmmmmkay?
B) Presidents should have line-item veto power.

BOP

If one of us were to head-slap you, would that jump-start your brain?

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Because he didn't!!

That's what's not so hard to understand!

SamSpade

No it isn't - but you apparently didn't get the point of the post, which had nothing to do with what you brought up.
("Stunningly obvious" - you keep using that phrase - I don't think it means what YOU think it means).

It IS relevant to the argument made on the left that this aid to Ukraine was absolutely vital - and the case is made that lives may have been lost due to its "delay" (it was actually released ahead of time). Their point being - LIVES were on the line.

But the people making that case were AGAINST IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Had their vote carried the day - lives be damned.

Hence - "faux outrage". It's kind of hypocritical to get all worked up over it arriving LATE when your own vote shows, you didn't want it to arrive AT ALL.