It has come to my attention...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
...that it is a quite common practice for men to, when they want to break if off with a woman, be as big of jerks as they can in order to get *her* to break it off with *him*. Instead of simply saying, "Look, Hilda, it's not working out and I'd like us to just be friends and not romantic partners," he'll chicken out and try to piss her off to the point she throws him out. A conscious effort.

Now, I have never known a woman to do this - at least not to where they admitted it or even realized they were doing it. But in my sample polling - four so far - it appears to be fairly standard for men. And all this time I just thought they were simply...jerks. Who knew? :lmao:

The dishonesty in this is fascinating to me and it seems like an awful lot of work when there is a much simpler solution. Women tend to either A) just come out with it; or B) fade away. But it is also in character with most men I know to do things the hard way instead of shortcut it and get it over with, like women do.

Anyone else think this is an interesting phenomenon?

Well, men don't want to be friends with an ex-romantic partner.
Unless they are a fall back option.

Why do women already have another dude lined up before they breakup?

F

forceofnature

Yes I dated and broke it off appropriately. By telling the gal it wasn't working out but when she carved my name into her arm I had to RUN RUN RUN.

I have heard mixed from others, most of them broke free respectfully. One fella I met was a complete axe about it, acted like a jerk to make sure they left him. Problem with that was he got a bad reputation that caused him many lost dates.

R

retiredweaxman

I found my first wife in bed with another guy when I came home from work early....

Sure, guys can be real "jerks" but there are some women out there that can be worse.

So, which is worse...having someone be an azz to you...or being betrayed in your own home???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I found my first wife in bed with another guy when I came home from work early....

Sure, guys can be real "jerks" but there are some women out there that can be worse.

So, which is worse...having someone be an azz to you...or being betrayed in your own home???

Oh, believe me, I know women can be jerks. My sample polling brought out some interesting stories. I'm merely commenting on the way men don't want to do the breaking up, but will jerk the women into doing it instead.

And upon further reflection, I actually have a sampling of six case studies. :jet:

Last edited:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Well, men don't want to be friends with an ex-romantic partner.
Unless they are a fall back option.

Why do women already have another dude lined up before they breakup?

THAT is a very interesting question! Is there an inherent plan as a backup, (subconciously, of course)in case the new relationship does not work out the way it was expected to?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Now, I have never known a woman to do this - at least not to where they admitted it or even realized they were doing it. But in my sample polling - four so far - it appears to be fairly standard for men. And all this time I just thought they were simply...jerks. Who knew? :lmao:

How many women have you dated? :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
THAT is a very interesting question! Is there an inherent plan as a backup, (subconciously, of course)in case the new relationship does not work out the way it was expected to?

No. If Bob and Sue are dating, and Sue meets George and goes crazy over him, it will look to Bob like she lined another guy up so she wouldn't be solo. In reality, Sue left Bob for George because she liked him better.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I `m a guy & I don`t over analyze, but check it all out first. Kinda like tastin & testin of the waters first. Best to know if her flavor suits me first & vice versa b4 takin it 2 that next step or level. Yep

I`m game for a good attempt, but I`ve learned a few lessons and hope to have learned well from them. Not leery about the next, just a bunch smarter. No1 is perfect.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Actually Vrai, you`ve seen me post enough to see that I do try to see things from all directions. There are natural behavoirs, and there are learned behavoirs in evry1. As i`ve also said some ppl are molded, some are just indoctrinated, some are leaders, and sadly enough others are content to follow.

Amazingly I can express myself quite coherently as you also know.

Were you indoctrinated?