It just occurred to me why "reparations" is a thing again

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Because of #Blexit

As black Americans move away from the Democrat plantation, Democrat politicians are freaking and trying to lure them back. The problem, of course, is that you're not going to do that by offering them fake money because that's not why they are leaving. What they are saying plainly is, "We've supported you for decades because you said you would help black communities, yet the problems are only getting worse. We don't trust you anymore because you've been lying to us our whole lives."

You all who don't watch Twitter are really missing out. You get to hear what people have to say in their own words, no media spin, no parsing, just straight talk. It's much better to hear directly from them than to have some biased media blatherer give you their interpretation.

Hijinx

This Elizabeth Warren would sell her soul to the devil if it would get her to the White House.

No deal too low for her to go.

Reactions: BOP

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Here's the issue with reparations. Who gets the money? Is there some sort of cut off? For example. Say on January 1, 2021 anyone alive that can trace ancestry back to a slave. What happens to the money that is to go to minors? What effect will it have to an eligible child that is born on 1/2/21? Is that kid out of luck? Or does this continue into perpetuity? Do biracials get a lesser percentage?

I don't think I will ever see anyone get a payoff in my lifetime. It's just something they float every couple of years. It seems to have picked up momentum with all the white privilege claims.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm also interested in who pays. Nobody I'm blood related to even lived in this country before the Civil War, unless you count my Native American ancestors, who were driven off their land by Whitey. I think I should be eligible for reparation.

glhs837

Power with Control
Here's the issue with reparations. Who gets the money? Is there some sort of cut off? For example. Say on January 1, 2021 anyone alive that can trace ancestry back to a slave. What happens to the money that is to go to minors? What effect will it have to an eligible child that is born on 1/2/21? Is that kid out of luck? Or does this continue into perpetuity? Do biracials get a lesser percentage?

I don't think I will ever see anyone get a payoff in my lifetime. It's just something they float every couple of years. It seems to have picked up momentum with all the white privilege claims.

I'm also interested in who pays. Nobody I'm blood related to even lived in this country before the Civil War, unless you count my Native American ancestors, who were driven off their land by Whitey. I think I should be eligible for reparation.

I've mentioned this about who gets paid, pretty soon you end up at terms like octaroon.... What about Kamala? AS for who pays, I think Gilligan and I are on the hook..... Wasnt sure til the geneology passed through a plantation in Fairfax in the 1700s..... I'm screwed.

But as Monello notes, it's about as real as the "PUSH IT IN, TOW IT IN, BRING IT IN IN PARTS, EVERYBODY GETS $5000 for a trade in!!!!" Or a better analogy.....

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Exactly. And what about those possibly like me. I could be a descendant of Kunta Kinte for all I know. Mary Ann could have snuck into Kunta's shack for some of that black snake moan for all I know. And now here I am, a Heinz 57 variety of whitey. After generations and generations, the only possible identifying feature left is my curly pubes. How much do I get?

PeoplesElbow

You related to Elizabeth Warren?

littlelady

God bless the USA

I am wondering about Irish, Oriental, indentured servants, and others’ treatment, as well. There is no end to Dem hypocrisy. It is beyond the pale at this point. God bless the USA.

TCROW

Because of #Blexit

As black Americans move away from the Democrat plantation, Democrat politicians are freaking and trying to lure them back. The problem, of course, is that you're not going to do that by offering them fake money because that's not why they are leaving. What they are saying plainly is, "We've supported you for decades because you said you would help black communities, yet the problems are only getting worse. We don't trust you anymore because you've been lying to us our whole lives."

You all who don't watch Twitter are really missing out. You get to hear what people have to say in their own words, no media spin, no parsing, just straight talk. It's much better to hear directly from them than to have some biased media blatherer give you their interpretation.

Is that what passes for profound thought in your mind?

:lmao:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Whatever. I think reparations should be sought from the Africans who sold their countrymen into slavery, in the first place.
Actually, it was the mainly jews that were heavily engaged in the slave trade. While it may be true that some natives captured and sold their follow countrymen, (most likely were paid as contract labor, say maybe 5 shilling per. I mean really, do you think they had any business sense?), it was mainly the jew that bought, transported, and sold at auction the African slave. That's where the money for reparations should come from.

This_person

If I may ...

Actually, it was the mainly jews that were heavily engaged in the slave trade. While it may be true that some natives captured and sold their follow countrymen, (most likely were paid as contract labor, say maybe 5 shilling per. I mean really, do you think they had any business sense?), it was mainly the jew that bought, transported, and sold at auction the African slave. That's where the money for reparations should come from.
LInk?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Come on. Really? Google, DuckDuckGo, Bing, Yahoo, or any other number of search engines scouring and indexing the web, are your friend. Get busy. And don't just come back here with one account debunking or minimizing their role. Do some real honest open minded research.

glhs837

Power with Control
If I may ...

Yeah, pretty sure that wont stand up to scrutiny, where did you get that information?

glhs837

Power with Control
If I may ...

Come on. Really? Google, DuckDuckGo, Bing, Yahoo, or any other number of search engines scouring and indexing the web, are your friend. Get busy. And don't just come back here with one account debunking or minimizing their role. Do some real honest open minded research.

Ah, no. You get to show us where you got the info. Back up your claims, then we get to refute your sources. I can find Bing "proof" that the Denver airport was built by the NWO to house aliens in a bunker underneath where they are kept happy with a steady supply of fresh kids to snack on. Or that the Katzenjammer kids assassinated Kennedy. So, put up or shut up.