It only takes a spark....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So in my (now former) Full Time RV group on FB, this woman posted a 10 second vid of a guy walking around the campsites with a metal detector digging up holes in the yards. She didn't identify the campground and it's not clear or close enough to identify the man. She posted it and said basically, look at this guy digging up the campsites..."

My GOD. The mindless mob came for her and started attacking the chit out of her, telling her to mind her own business, he's not hurting her, etc etc. Then the sexual comments started - "Oh, if you need something to fill your big mouth I got it for you right here...." and like that. Hundreds and hundreds of comments, roughly along the same lines just raking this woman.

Until this point there was dissent on topics but nothing terribly alarming. This was so disturbing that I left the group. Hundreds and hundreds of posts just ripping into this woman.....for a perfectly reasonable post.

FACT: most campgrounds don't want you walking around digging holes in the grass, especially in other campsites.

FACT: large groups of humans are a tinderbox just waiting for a spark. And if you refuse to engage in their mob mentality, they'll come after you as well.

FACT: I get enough mindless crap on here and that's my limit. Any other group I belong to that outs itself as a freakshow, I run far away. You all are my freak limit. :jet:

Easter must really piss these people off because I've never seen anything like this before in this particular group.

PeoplesElbow

Instead of putting him on the internet why didn't she just tell him he shouldn't be doing that or call campground management?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm also curious why the mom came for her, was it a metal detecting group doing it?

No, as I said, it was a full time RV group.

Instead of putting him on the internet why didn't she just tell him he shouldn't be doing that or call campground management?

Like I said, it was just an offhand post, you couldn't identify the guy and there were no identifiers as to which campground it was. She was just like, look at this fool.....

The response from the mob was way over the top for what the woman actually posted and said. And then there were the responses from the people who clearly didn't read the OP at all.....

PeoplesElbow

Like I said, it was just an offhand post, you couldn't identify the guy and there were no identifiers as to which campground it was. She was just like, look at this fool.....

The response from the mob was way over the top for what the woman actually posted and said. And then there were the responses from the people who clearly didn't read the OP at all.....
What I meant was did someone sick the metal detecting community on her, were they regular posters there or were they all new posters?

I can't imagine that there is that much overlap in the communities,

frequentflier

happy to be living

Just like on these forums, reading comprehension skills are lacking in a lot of people.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What I meant was did someone sick the metal detecting community on her, were they regular posters there or were they all new posters?

I can't imagine that there is that much overlap in the communities,

I forgive you :huggy:

No, this is a closed group. There may be overlap on some level but it wouldn't be a different group getting all tweaked. Nope, it was my fellow full timers. :ohwell:

Honestly, I see these bitchers and criers in FB groups but almost never run into people like that in the actual campgrounds. In real life you'd see someone digging around at a site and comment to another camper, and they'd go, "I know right?" They definitely wouldn't go, "OMG, you effing KAREN! Need something to fill that big fat mouth of yours???"

PeoplesElbow

I forgive you :huggy:

No, this is a closed group. There may be overlap on some level but it wouldn't be a different group getting all tweaked. Nope, it was my fellow full timers. :ohwell:

Honestly, I see these bitchers and criers in FB groups but almost never run into people like that in the actual campgrounds. In real life you'd see someone digging around at a site and comment to another camper, and they'd go, "I know right?" They definitely wouldn't go, "OMG, you effing KAREN! Need something to fill that big fat mouth of yours???"
I've seen some interesting fights on a woodworking forum, over drawer slides of all things. What reminds me of that the most is someone posted a pic of a very large penis with the quote here is something to stick in that big mouth of yours. These are mostly old men too, most are fairly religious if you go by how many religious themes projects are posted.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've seen some interesting fights on a woodworking forum, over drawer slides of all things. What reminds me of that the most is someone posted a pic of a very large penis with the quote here is something to stick in that big mouth of yours. These are mostly old men too, most are fairly religious if you go by how many religious themes projects are posted.

"He is risen!! Now eat a dick!"

I see it all the time, too. :lol: