It's a Southern Thang

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Great pictures of your yard! :yay: The little guy looks just like B! Wow.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Awesome, mA. What an undertaking. It will be beautiful! I thought I was being industrious in making a diy scarecrow for our veggie garden. :lol: I hope you enjoy the gentile life. :smile: Where in the South did you move?

Also, want to say that your pup is incredible. And, I am on board with that nuptial contract you mentioned, a while back, between my granddot, and Pickles. :lol: He is one handsome little guy; even with the blue tongue!

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Awesome, mA. What an undertaking. It will be beautiful! I thought I was being industrious in making a diy scarecrow for our veggie garden. :lol: I hope you enjoy the gentile life. :smile: Where in the South did you move?

Also, want to say that your pup is incredible. And, I am on board with that nuptial contract you mentioned, a while back, between my granddot, and Pickles. :lol: He is one handsome little guy; even with the blue tongue!

This is only the beginning. This should keep me busy for the rest of my life. We spend the entire day in the yard yesterday, putting in a Berry Bed, and adding amended soil to the 2 beds in the front, moving a few plants, adding some moss (instead of mulch) in the shade garden, and mulching. Back breaking, rewarding work. We went through about a 1000 lbs of amended soil yesterday. We're in Middle GA.

This has not been the pups week. On top of everything else, he had a bad day at the groomers, too. She called and said there was a delay, Gilly was not happy about the blow dryer, so they had to take a break. He also had to have his rump shaved, so we can take care of his little dermatitis problem. Hopefully he'll be good to go for a few months, when he starts Puppy Prep School. At some point we need to get him fixed. Of course, everyone has a different idea of when is the best time to lop those little suckers off.

Attachments

• logs.jpg
    logs.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 296
  • Giant Hosta.jpg
    Giant Hosta.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 296
  • garden r.jpg
    garden r.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 302
  • garden o.jpg
    garden o.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 285

mAlice

professional daydreamer
The Shade Garden is filling in nicely.

Attachments

• shade 1 June 2018.jpg
    shade 1 June 2018.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 274
  • shade 2 June 2018.jpg
    shade 2 June 2018.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 258
  • shade 3 June 2018.jpg
    shade 3 June 2018.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 227
  • shade 4 June 2018.jpg
    shade 4 June 2018.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 296
  • shade 5 June 2018.jpg
    shade 5 June 2018.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 279
  • Shade 6 June 2018.jpg
    Shade 6 June 2018.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 281

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Added some hostas and Black Magic elephant ears to the shaded area of the bed by the front deck, moved the salvia from the sun to the shade. The tag said "full sun", the plant said "no"-she perked up in about 10 minutes and has not had a wilty leaf since.

Also added a firecracker cone flower to the sunny section of the deck bed, and dropped some red cone flowers into the hole that the salvia came out of in the full sun bed.

I thought I was through digging holes. Silly me.

Ran around with water hoses and sprinklers for 2 hours after work yesterday to make sure everything got a drink, then it rained.

Attachments

• garden v.jpg
    garden v.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 285
  • garden w.jpg
    garden w.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 252
  • garden x.jpg
    garden x.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 280
  • garden y.jpg
    garden y.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 273
  • garden z.jpg
    garden z.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 288

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Beautiful...wish I had a talent for gardening, unfortunately, I do not but hubby does.

I didn't always. It's something I've had to nurture. I still have failures, but I think the most important thing I've learned is that if a plant is unhappy where it is, it will let you know. Pay attention to the plant, not the tag that says "full sun" "shade" "partial shade". While that's a good place to start, it's not always where the plant wants to be. Your zone will sometimes change the rules.