It's a Southern Thang

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It's nice to have him home for a few days. Did you see that the sun is shining in the pic? It did that for a few hours yesterday, until I walked out the door to go home. Then it poured.

Yes, I miss the sun as well. Maybe Sunday.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Predictable. An hour ago the sun was shining, now it looks like it could spin up a tornado out there. Sounds like it, too.

Agee

Spotted some hosta parked next to your calla-lilies...

lovely and diversified ! :yay:

Received a large one of these as a gift: Golden Chalice Calla-Lily

50738.jpg

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Spotted some hosta parked next to your calla-lilies...

lovely and diversified ! :yay:

Received a large one of these as a gift: Golden Chalice Calla-Lily

View attachment 122734

Beautiful! That's one of the things I left off my list-A giant hosta. Forget the name, but they get huge. It was the last one at Ace hardware when I was last in there, so I grabbed it up. We have awesome Ace here. I'm going to have to do that with my hosta; add the calla's. I like the yellow, too. I have 2 burgandy and one white in the little shade bed. I have a lot of shade, so I suspect I'll end up with quite a few calla's.

black dog

Free America
Most will be perennials. I'm hoping to invite the garden ladies to tour some day. Maybe I'll even have "tea". lolz

I'll say all the years I worked in irrigation, I worked around many beautiful flower gardens in So MD. I would ask these lady's for cuttings or seed pods of perennials to take home and plant. Most of the really interesting gardens were located in Charles through PG near Aquasico tucked back in the woods generally attached to a wonderful home and property.
Good luck with the garden clubs.. I would think it would be a huge seed swap opportunity.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'll say all the years I worked in irrigation, I worked around many beautiful flower gardens in So MD. I would ask these lady's for cuttings or seed pods of perennials to take home and plant. Most of the really interesting gardens were located in Charles through PG near Aquasico tucked back in the woods generally attached to a wonderful home and property.
Good luck with the garden clubs.. I would think it would be a huge seed swap opportunity.

Thanks. I'm hoping to learn a thing or two from some more experienced gardeners. Of course, gardening is a learn as you go endeavor anyway, so I don't feel bad. I look forward to collecting from those who have gone before me :cheesy:

Agee

My understanding that the calla's like a few hours of morning sun. The afternoon sun is bit intense and tends to wash-out the foliage.

Get Dirty indeed!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
My understanding that the calla's like a few hours of morning sun. The afternoon sun is bit intense and tends to wash-out the foliage.

Get Dirty indeed!

Yep. That's what mine are getting right now, and when I put them in with the hosta, I'll shoot for the same. I have a lot of shade, which I like, but I can see it working against me in the long run. We'll see how it goes.

We discovered an iron gate on our property that we need to drag up to the yard. I'm thinking about growing a thornless rose vine on it. It will be one of only 2 roses, as I don't really care for them.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
They are indeed.
I've been surprised on how long the flowers have lasted!

That is definitely a plus! I hope they do well in the ground and bloom just as long.

I have a couple of plants to get in the ground myself but that isn't happening any time soon. :lol: