It's been a year since I set foot in SOMD...

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
...So as I will be visiting this week, it is imperative that I treat my tastebuds to the best crab cake sandwich the tri-county region has to offer. For all the seafood Florida can boast, I have to say that the crab available here is just atrocious. I've taken to having it overnighted down from Linton's Seafood in Crisfield for special occasions, but it's still not the same as sitting on the water in Solomon's eating the real thing (plus it's godawful expensive).

My old go-tos were always Captain's Table, Stoney's, and Clarke's Landing. Are these still good bets, or have they gone downhill? Your best recommendations are appreciated.

ShyOne

Frying pan has by far the best crab cakes in town.

The Frying Pan crab cake is not bad for the money, I believe it goes for $8.99 and with that you get filler. However, it would not stand a chance against the Captain's Table, Stoney or Clarks Landing.

dn0121

The Frying Pan crab cake is not bad for the money, I believe it goes for $8.99 and with that you get filler. However, it would not stand a chance against the Captain's Table, Stoney or Clarks Landing.

You must not be on baby cakes's good side. MMMMMM

DuffMan

The Naughty gull in solomons has one of the area's best crabcakes.At least I think so..

Naughty Gull used to have good food but the last few time it went there it has not been good at all. You end up spending alot of money for food that looks like it was microwaved.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
...So as I will be visiting this week, it is imperative that I treat my tastebuds to the best crab cake sandwich the tri-county region has to offer. For all the seafood Florida can boast, I have to say that the crab available here is just atrocious.

I can relate. I got a Maryland crab cake in a Florida restaurant once. It was nasty.

Elaine down at Jethro's makes the best crab cakes. No filler and no weird stuff (like green pepper in it) just crab. They only serve them on weekends, so call ahead first.

DuffMan

Take a boat ride to Smith Island, I guarantee you will get one of the best crabs cakes you will ever eat. Plus they have the state dessert 9 layer cakes! :drool:

ShyOne

Take a boat ride to Smith Island, I guarantee you will get one of the best crabs cakes you will ever eat. Plus they have the state dessert 9 layer cakes! :drool:

I took a trip to Smith Island which included a buffet for lunch. I was very disappointed with the seafood. I was expecting to have the best seafood since they are known for their seafood.

DuffMan

I know to much stuff about Stoney's crabs cakes so I'm not touching them again, plus you have to be crazy to spend $25 + dollars for it!

ShyOne

I know to much stuff about Stoney's crabs cakes so I'm not touching them again, plus you have to be crazy to spend $25 + dollars for it!

It has been about 6 months since I had Stoney's crab cake, but the sandwich was $13.00 with a side or one crab cake with a side. I don't consider that price too bad. Of course the dinner would be more. But still that's the going rate for cc dinners.

Also, I am sure that unfortunately....if we knew how much of the food that we eat is prepared we wouldn't want to eat it.