It's Canterbury Farm - GRRRRRR

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I don't really understand your post. Big Easy Farms @ Canterbury Farm in Boyds, Maryland seems to be a totally different place than Canterbury Farms in Centreville.

I'd probably remove that Big Easy Farms link if I were you.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
The Canterbury Farm in questions is over on the Eastern Shore. Dee Cee I agree with Phyxius that you need to remove the link to Big Easy Farm which is located in Montgomery County and has nothing to do with the neglected Arabians on the Eastern Shore. Centerville, MD and Boyd's, MD are several hours apart. :whistle: I've been to Big Easy Farm @ Canterbury Farm in Boyd's & it is a lovely facility.

Last edited:

DeeCee

A horse of course!
The Canterbury Farm in questions is over on the Eastern Shore. Dee Cee I agree with Phyxius that you need to remove the link to Big Easy Farm which is located in Montgomery County and has nothing to do with the neglected Arabians on the Eastern Shore. Centerville, MD and Boyd's, MD are several hours apart. :whistle: I've been to Big Easy Farm @ Canterbury Farm in Boyd's & it is a lovely facility.

A very unfortunate coincidence that both places are named Canterbury Farm.

Some additional forwarded information:
Days End is leading the rescue effort.
Paradise Stables in Mt Airy took in 80 and Gentle Giants has about 10 of them.
I think Days End is still under quarantine for strangles at the main farm, they took in 10 criticals to their farm near Hagerstown.

Gentle Giants also had a self imposed quarantine prior to this for Equine Flu. All horses had been vaccinated (the show horses several times) within the past year, but still caught it. It nearly killed one horse. None of the horses are shedding the virus anymore (per their vet) and adopted horses are allowed to leave the farm now.

Of the horses G/G got from the seizure, not one of them rated higher than a 3 on the BCS scale (1-9), and one mare had been in foal but lost it within the past month or so prior to being rescued due to being so thin. All of the mares showed signs of having foundered in the past, all have terrible teeth and all are very underweight.

The sudden addition of these mares is stretching GG's volunteers to the max, so any help is appreciated, be it helping with feeding and filling water troughs at the main farm or dealing with the Arabians (who are located at a satellite facility).
Gentle Giants's website: http://www.gentlegiantsdrafthorserescue.com/index.html

To donate money or time contact Stacy Segal of the Humane Society of the United States, 700 Professional Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879; email ssegal@humanesociety.org; or call 301-956-0657.

Last edited:

horsegirl

Just wanted to add a happy ending to this story......
On the front page of the Calvert County Recorder is a story of a local trainer who has one of these polish Arabs. She is training him for the Days End Farm Trainers Challenge in September at Days End Farm. This is a really nice horse. If your interested in seeing him in training while he is here in Southern Maryland I believe they allow visitors. You can follow him on Facebook under the page "Iago". He will be offered for adoption from Days End Farm during there Fall Festival.

horsegirl

sorry forgot the link to the article

Just wanted to add a happy ending to this story......
On the front page of the Calvert County Recorder is a story of a local trainer who has one of these polish Arabs. She is training him for the Days End Farm Trainers Challenge in September at Days End Farm. This is a really nice horse. If your interested in seeing him in training while he is here in Southern Maryland I believe they allow visitors. You can follow him on Facebook under the page "Iago". He will be offered for adoption from Days End Farm during there Fall Festival.

Southern Maryland Newspapers : Local horse trainer to compete in Trainer's Challenge