It's Christmas Eve ! what do YOU celebrate?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Hi forumites ........

Who is celebrating what? Christmas? Hanukkah? Kwanza?

Do you have any traditions for Christmas Eve?

Hannibal

Hi forumites ........

Who is celebrating what? Christmas? Hanukkah? Kwanza?

Do you have any traditions for Christmas Eve?

Christmas. My family attends church with my parents then dinner at their place. This year we are staying overnight with them and celebrating Christmas Day with them. Usually presents in the AM followed by an informal breakfast (whoever cooks) and then an early formal dinner with the extended family.

BigBlue

We do late afternoon Mass and then Chinese food at home on Christmas eve ,all the gifts get done on Christmas day.

luvmygdaughters

Working right now, leaving at noon. Have to pick up a couple of gift cards, buy ingredients for cream of crab soup, wrap a couple more things and then, chill with hubby, sister and brother in law for a couple of hours.

musiclady

Christmas eve church services, my children and I participate by providing special music. Then we watch a Christmas video from their childhood by the lit Christmas tree. Christmas morning is family breakfast and opening presents, then the afternoon is spent with relatives having potluck and doing a Christmas exchange.

bilbur

As an atheist I celebrate having a day off. Actually I celebrate Christmas because that is what the rest of the family celebrates. It is a good excuse to get together as a family, have an excellent meal, and give/receive presents.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
As an atheist I celebrate having a day off. Actually I celebrate Christmas because that is what the rest of the family celebrates. It is a good excuse to get together as a family, have an excellent meal, and give/receive presents.

Thanks for being out front.

I know an atheist, a former fellow employee, that demanded for several years to be forced to work Christmas day because he did not believe in God. He was forced to take those days off, with holiday pay, because those were the rules. I asked him several times if he would donate his pay for those days to some charity, but all I and others received were a "shut your yap" attitude. I do hope he continues to enjoy his day off.

My side of the family gathers at my house late afternoon on Christmas Eve and we get our drink on, eat dinner together, exchange presents and then play games such as Quelf, Cards Against Humanity, etc. until we are too exhausted from laughing and drinking to stay up any longer. The next day is breakfast and playing card games in our jammies.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
A little late to the thread, but tonight I celebrate the 9th Night of Yule, following a modern reconstruction of the pre-Christian beliefs and practices of my German and Norse ancestors, tuned to my own household practices. For me personally 1st Night and 12th Night are most important. 1st is the night we set aside to celebrate the memory of the mothers of our family line. 12th Night is New Year's Eve, a time to reflect upon the year one had and look ahead to (hopefully) better days ahead. 9th Night is a time set aside to learn or improve an arts and crafts skill and to make something useful or decorative for the year ahead.

My wife is still socially Christian, so we do celebrate Christmas, too. Spent the evening at my neighbor's house having dinner and a lot of good conversation with he and his fiancee's family. Had Southern Maryland stuffed ham for the first time, fried oysters, too. I'd have both again.