It's THAT time of the year again urgh (pet abandonment)

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So, the holidays are approaching and many of you may not know this, but the area shelters get full as we approach the holidays due to people who GET RID OF THEIR PETS. There are many speculations as to WHY people unload pets at this time of year, but they do it every year. People rehome pets, dump them, and take them to the shelter. People often LIE and tell the shelter the pet is a stray they found :( yet the pet seems devastated when the person leaves them behind at the shelter. How does the holiday season of giving, kindness, and love inspire people to abandon their pets?

PLEASE help the shelters find GOOD homes for the unwanted animals that are being abandoned. Contact your local shelters to see what they have available that could bring JOY to YOUR life. Thank you to everyone who helps animals in need. We will be helping as many animals as we can so let us know if we can be of assistance to you in finding a critter to love.

https://www.charlescountymd.gov/services/animal-care-control/tri-county-animal-shelter

PJay

This reminds me of the soon to be non stop abused animal commercials I hate.

No longer on cable so hopefully will not have to suffer that this year.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This reminds me of the soon to be non stop abused animal commercials I hate.

No longer on cable so hopefully will not have to suffer that this year.
I have not trusted the National groups for quite some time, and very few of their local affiliates.
I support small, local rescues where I've been able to become acquainted with the folks who do the work.
Our 2 boys, Cooper and Buff, came from one such rescue.