It's that time of year

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Now is the time to seed and lime your pastures. It takes 4-6 months for your lime to do its job with your soil (I didnt know that...till yesterday)and your only need to lime about every 3 years. So if you lime and seed now...then by spring when the grass grows you only have to fertilize and spray your growing weeds :jameo: I need a lawn service for my pastures...this is too much work :razz:

Oh well, off to buy seed :howdy:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Have you ever had your soil tested to see exactly what it is lacking? A couple of years ago I asked at Southern States if they do soil testing? They do and instructed me to get a sample from each pasture and bring it to them. The cost was about $22 for them to send the soil sample away, and it took a couple of weeks to get it back, but worth the wait. All along I thought we probably needed to lime the pastures but the test actually came back with a nitrogen deficiency which requires urea.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
mygoldnhorse said:
Have you ever had your soil tested to see exactly what it is lacking? A couple of years ago I asked at Southern States if they do soil testing? They do and instructed me to get a sample from each pasture and bring it to them. The cost was about $22 for them to send the soil sample away, and it took a couple of weeks to get it back, but worth the wait. All along I thought we probably needed to lime the pastures but the test actually came back with a nitrogen deficiency which requires urea.
Yes, I take the samples to SS before we fertilize. Then they bring the truck out and broadcast it with the mixture :elaine: that we need. My fields need it all done. They havent had anything on them in 3 years. (except for the newest pasture in the rear...that one is fresh.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
:howdy: Percy girl! I have to show you this hilarious red karma that I got....
regarding the soil samples saying the pastures were lacking in Nitrogen and needed "UREA"

Tard u have 2 have a chemical license to buy area

Isn't that just the the funniest karma? It sounds to me like the giver of the karma has a chemical problem :elaine: Probably from whiffing too much UREA via their horses pi$$ :lmao: :killingme :lmao: .

itsbob

I bowl overhand
mygoldnhorse said:
So do you still pee in your pastures daily??

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
mygoldnhorse said:
:howdy: Percy girl! I have to show you this hilarious red karma that I got....
regarding the soil samples saying the pastures were lacking in Nitrogen and needed "UREA"

Tard u have 2 have a chemical license to buy area

Isn't that just the the funniest karma? It sounds to me like the giver of the karma has a chemical problem :elaine: Probably from whiffing too much UREA via their horses pi$$ :lmao: :killingme :lmao: .

:lmao: :roflmao: And their calling someone else a tard!

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
:whistle: the horses take care of that problem (lack of nitrogen-urea in the pasture) in case you forgot what the problem was....all by themselves. And I don't even have to clean it up.

BrassieChic

Apparently the Karma bandit is at it again because I got this sent to me!

Do you all hear poor smib

That was actually sent to me regarding the Biting Seminar Thread I started???
Actually Smib, Redneck & hillbilly are pretty funny words in themselves! God Bless You Red Karma Bandit! :razz:

Last edited:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
I got this one a while back. It had to be the same ass!!
Blind Gelding in Need -... 08-25-2006 02:01 PM Tard! IP

Whats up with the "IP"......My guess is it stands for "I'm a Pussy" :lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Ya know..it's sad, many horse folks are actually staying away because of the stupic cr@p people do on here across the board.

Anyway i DO enjoy the horse forum since it is a public place we can still enjoy the horsey things. Regarding the dil-do posting out of place things in the other threads, ignore him and he'll most likely ust get tired of no response and stop. :biggrin:

BrassieChic

Hi Red Karm Bandit!

09-12-2006 09:09 AM Well you say you support PETA (who kills animals themselves www.petakillsanimals.com) so i was supporting my Dogs, now shaddup and take them to the killer they are getting REALLY hungry

You Poor Poor Dear! You apparently need alot of healing for your hardened heart and sour attitude. :flowers: Peace & Blessings!