It's the Draft!

seekeroftruth

Revelation 7:1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. 2 Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3 “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” 4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.
5 From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,
from the tribe of Reuben 12,000,
from the tribe of Gad 12,000,
6 from the tribe of Asher 12,000,
from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,
from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000,
7 from the tribe of Simeon 12,000,
from the tribe of Levi 12,000,
from the tribe of Issachar 12,000,
8 from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,
from the tribe of Joseph 12,000,
from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.
This is where I got the commentary on these verses.

Four angels standing at the four corners of the earth: The phrase four corners of the earth is an ancient (and sometimes modern) equivalent to the idea of “the four points of the compass.” The idea is that these angels effect the entire earth.​

Holding the four winds of the earth: These winds were a destructive force of God’s judgment, as they often are in the Old Testament.​
The four winds of the earth may refer back to the four horsemen of Revelation 6:1-8, after the pattern of Zechariah 6:1-8. In that passage, four chariots with horses of the same colors of Revelation 6:1-8 go out to all the earth, and are called the four spirits of heaven. Spirits in that passage translates the Hebrew word ruach, which can also be translated winds.​
Another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: Another angel had a seal, and he sealed the people of God. In the ancient world, such seals were familiar. A king or a property owner could use a seal to show ownership or authenticity.
The servants of our God: We are not told what exactly their service is, but the 144,000 are sealed for a specific and unique purpose. However, the general idea of being sealed is not limited to them.​
Of the tribe of: This list is also interesting in the way that the tribe of Ephraim is referred to, but only indirectly. The tribe of Joseph is mentioned, but Joseph was represented by two tribes: Ephraim and Manasseh. Since the tribe of Manasseh is mentioned, by elimination, the tribe of Joseph must mean the tribe of Ephraim — who is listed, but not by name.​

Perhaps Ephraim was slighted because the tribe of Ephraim was also associated with great idolatry (Hosea 4:17).​

Good morning. I know... It looks like a lot of reading. It's really only a few verses and the commentary. It shouldn't take longer than a few minutes and then we should be ready to start the day!

I got this from another Bible Study I've used over the years.

Knowledge of the 12 tribes is important because it helps us to understand current-day situations. We have greater insight as to why there is always unrest in the Middle East. We see why it is always in the United States' best interest to be a friend to Israel because God has always promised to protect them. He will bless those that bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel (Genesis 12:3). This promise is also for Christians. God will bless those who bless us and curse those who curse us. We understand better why the people of Israel have enemies because it was this way in the beginning. It is safe to assume that turmoil in the Middle East will continue until the return of Jesus Christ. It also helps us to understand why there may be a gathering of Israel.​

I think this means that God will choose 144,000 humans who are related to Jacob by blood. These humans will not be "taken up". They are sealed. If this was "Yellowstone" instead of the Bible... they would be branded.

Jacob is the guy in the Old Testament who was really too old to have children. His favorite wife, Sarah, laughed at the idea of her getting pregnant, as old as she was. But... as God would have it... Jacob had eleven sons by four women. Jacob's favorite son [Rachel's first born] Joseph [coat of many colors Joseph] had two sons. One of Joseph's sons was too stuck on money and idols to be involved in the army God is tagging in these verses. His name doesn't show up... Joseph's name is on this list instead of his money grubbing, idol worshipping son.

God renamed Jacob. God named Jacob Israel. God told Jacob; He would make a great nation of Jacob's family. That's the Israel we are watching and talking about now.

Just so you know.... Jacob had a brother. His name was Esau. The Palestinians in Gaza are related to Esau's side of the family.

So, the sealing of the Twelve Tribes is Jesus calling up His cousins to serve. God gave them the land and they have to defend it. So, in these verses... Twelve thousand humans from each of the twelve tribes or Israel are drafted.

It's the Draft!

:coffee: