Ivanka Trump says developing countries must do more to empower women to get U.S. aid

transporter

Ivanka Trump says developing countries must do more to empower women to get U.S. aid

“We in the United States think about our development assistance through the lens of achieving the goal for countries of self-reliance,” she told an audience of hundreds.

“And you cannot achieve self-reliance and the ability of a country to become a trading partner if you are not fully realizing the potential of 50 percent of your population, and in fact have barriers against them to realizing that potential.”

Actually, little girl your father doesn't believe in foreign aid and neither do the majority of his ignorati supporters. They believe the only legitimate use of US tax payer funds for foreign assistance is to dig up dirt on your political adversaries.

MR. MULVANEY: Sure. I’ll — let’s deal with the second one first, which is — look, it should come as no surprise to anybody — the last time I was up here — I haven’t done this since I was Chief of Staff, right? The last time I was up here, some of you folks remember, it was for the budget briefings, right?

And one of the questions y’all always asked me about the budget is, “What are you all doing to the foreign aid budget?” Because we absolutely gutted it, right? President Trump is not a big fan of foreign aid. Never has been; still isn’t. Doesn’t like spending money overseas, especially when it’s poorly spent. And that is exactly what drove this decision.

phreddyp

Actually, little girl your father doesn't believe in foreign aid and neither do the majority of his ignorati supporters. They believe the only legitimate use of US tax payer funds for foreign assistance is to dig up dirt on your political adversaries.

My word what a loveless ,lifeless, miserable existence you must lead . I hope that you eventually get the professional help that you need. Don't you have any family to help you ?

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

Obviously one of the biggest concerns about foreign aid is - will it just go to line someone's pockets rather than go where it is needed.

What's the point in taking and giving away American taxpayer money if it's just going to prop up some banana republic dictator to further oppress the people; buy weapons to gas or otherwise KILL dissidents - or make some energy oligarch richer by helping him buy off foreign politicians?

"They will furnish credits which will serve us for the support of the Communist Party in their countries and, by supplying us materials and technical equipment which we lack, will restore our military industry necessary for our future attacks against our suppliers. To put it in other words, they will work on the preparation of their own suicide." Vladimir Lenin

To wit, don't give someone a gun unless you know where they will point it.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I guess muslim majority nations are not happy with this development.