Ive always wanted to run into something like this

BernieP

Resident PIA
I don't see you as hanging in River Bay either.
Sounds like the guy was trying to do the right thing, the thugs didn't appreciate it and beat the every living life out of the guy.
Back in our day, if grandpa had yelled from the car to knock it off, we would have scattered.
Now the punks beat up people.

Common theme in the assaults be these thugs, they sucker punch from behind, then they descend on their prey like a pack of animals.
Probably because the one jackass that does go face to face usually is getting his ass whooped.

UglyBear

I have tried to interfere in a situation like that (males beating on females), and deeply regretted it -- I was not harmed, but the female immediately turned on me for dissing "her man". Leave the animals be animals.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I have tried to interfere in a situation like that (males beating on females), and deeply regretted it -- I was not harmed, but the female immediately turned on me for dissing "her man". Leave the animals be animals.
I wondered if the woman that was arrested for interfering was the same woman..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I dated a cop back in the day and he said domestics were ALWAYS the worst calls because of what you just said. They either start whaling on the cop for trying to get her old man off her, or they press charges and then show up in court all made up and lovey dovey pleading with the judge for leniency. Then a week later the cop's back out there because she's getting her ass beat again.

There was a girl years back in the Flattops who was beaten to death over the course of several hours (maybe days, I don't recall) by her beloved, right in front of his mother and sister who did nothing to stop him or help the girl. It was a big story then. But the cops had been to that house any number of times because the neighbors would hear him beating her and call them to come break it up, and she kept going right back with him.

So yeah, sorry stuff like that happens but there's no sense in endangering yourself over someone who will just run back to her abuser. I'm sorry this man lost his life trying to be a good person and do the right thing.