I've decided to shoot 72 this morning

Just as long as you handle that windmill on 13 and the clowns mouth coming home, par 'em both, shouldn't much matter. The rest are all birdie holes. :shrug:

:evil:

It's a great morning for it, too. :yay: There's plenty of time to get a full round in, instead of just the front nine. :whistle:

Now see, that's the kind of moral support I need. I just might shoot 70 now.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Now see, that's the kind of moral support I need. I just might shoot 70 now.

:buddies:

No, no. By all means! We're behind you! Wouldn't want anything to distract you or get in the way of playing your best! :buddies:

BTW, do you inhale or exhale on your backswing?

:evil:

thurley42

HY;FR
It's a great morning for it, too. :yay: There's plenty of time to get a full round in, instead of just the front nine. :whistle:

i we were talking about the front 9 as well....

A buddy asked me to play last week, I don't think he believed me when I told him I left my clubs in San Diego after the a$$ whooping I got on Torrey Pines South....

I'm supposed to recoup them in Vegas at Halloween...I think I may pawn them...:killingme

You can't tell what I shot from the degree of convexity of my frown?

If I'd have shot any worse than 85, it surely would have been more convex. If I'd have shot any better than 85, it surely would have been less convex.

I sucked. I couldn't putt. I couldn't chip. I couldn't flop. I couldn't control distances. I couldn't drive (not the cart, they wouldn't even let me try that). I couldn't decide whether to inhale or exhale during my backswing. The only thing I did right all day was lip out an eagle putt (okay, that wasn't really something I did right, but I felt like throwing it in).

You happy now, the details of my failure having been sufficiently revealed?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You can't tell what I shot from the degree of convexity of my frown?

If I'd have shot any worse than 85, it surely would have been more convex. If I'd have shot any better than 85, it surely would have been less convex.

I sucked. I couldn't putt. I couldn't chip. I couldn't flop. I couldn't control distances. I couldn't drive (not the cart, they wouldn't even let me try that). I couldn't decide whether to inhale or exhale during my backswing. The only thing I did right all day was lip out an eagle putt (okay, that wasn't really something I did right, but I felt like throwing it in).

You happy now, the details of my failure having been sufficiently revealed?

What's yer handicap and where'd you play? Then, we'll talk 'failure'.

And never forget: golf spelled backwards is...

What's yer handicap and where'd you play? Then, we'll talk 'failure'.

And never forget: golf spelled backwards is...

13.?, Wicomico Shores (68.7 rating, 118 slope - so, 13.5 HI would mean the average of my 10 best scores (of last 20) on that course would be 83.4, give or take some rounding effects)

That's all beside the point - I failed to shoot 72, which is what I had decided to shoot that morning. The reality that I suck at golf generally (and have sucked to an even greater degree this year) does not negate the fact that I failed miserably in this particular instance. If it stops raining before then, I will not fail thusly this weekend. :lol: