I've never seen this before

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Took the pups to the vet this morning for their yearly and when they were getting checked in and weighed, the tech put a little strip of cloth on their collars. She said they had pheromones on them that calmed the dog, all natural and perfectly safe. The big one gets a little nervous and restless, but the little one shakes so bad. About 10 minutes after she put the strips on, the little one was perfectly calm and the big one was sleeping on the floor. I asked if I could have some to take home. :lmao:

They've never done this before, is it something new to all vets? I think it's a good idea, makes the visit quick and stress free for everyone.

Roman

Wow, that's interesting. My dogs love going to the Vet, but I have a 20 year-old cat that goes bonkers there. I wonder if they have something like that for cats? My cat is so bad, that he has to be gassed before he gets his shots. Thank god that's only once a year.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Wow, that's interesting. My dogs love going to the Vet, but I have a 20 year-old cat that goes bonkers there. I wonder if they have something like that for cats? My cat is so bad, that he has to be gassed before he gets his shots. Thank god that's only once a year.

The people that came in after us had a cat and they tied the ribbon around the cat's foot, so yes, they have them for cats. It worked wonders for my pups and was the fastest most stress free vet visit. Not sure who hates it more the dogs or my husband, he's like a dad with a newborn when it comes to his girls.

Roman

The people that came in after us had a cat and they tied the ribbon around the cat's foot, so yes, they have them for cats. It worked wonders for my pups and was the fastest most stress free vet visit. Not sure who hates it more the dogs or my husband, he's like a dad with a newborn when it comes to his girls.
His girls are his little Valentines! How sweet!

bulldog

That would be awesome if it worked for travel. As it is, we have to give pills about 1.5 hours before leaving. No pills, the dog paces and pants for the entire ride, no matter the duration.