J&J gun shop, wall smashed in, handguns taken

glhs837

Power with Control

Yep, lets ban the weapons that nobody bothers to steal because criminals dont want them. Wonder what internal security looked like. Simple glass cases like the Tackle Box?

frequentflier

happy to be living
We were just there Saturday. There were cameras throughout the store and I'm pretty sure bars on the windows. Yes, they had glass display cases. I agree with GURPS; guns should be locked up in a safe.
Now, assuming they have an alarm system, that would cover doors and probably glass breaking sound however having someone drive through the back wall, don't know how you would alarm for that!

glhs837

Power with Control
I floated this idea on here a couple of years ago and it did not go over well.

Gil and I talked at length about it a while back on here. We agreed that removing every weapon on the floor every night and putting them back in the cases in the morning would be a heavy burden. But securing those display cases wouldn't be that hard. Any competent metal bender could make easily handled locking covers that would take longer than the thieves have to get past. Like any anti-theft, you dont need to stop every thief, just make the crime take longer than they have before the cops arrive. That deters most.

Hijinx

I would bet the person or persons who did this is either a customer or someone who has been in the place browsing.

glhs837

Power with Control
how about a walk in safe and display cases on wheels

Thats one way to go, any idea what a walk in safe costs big enough to hold six to eight three foot long by 2.5 feet wide display cases?

7'x6'x4', $8,000

frequentflier

happy to be living
I would bet the person or persons who did this is either a customer or someone who has been in the place browsing.
We were in there Saturday and the place was very busy with customers. They also had a HQL training class going on in a back room.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Thats one way to go, any idea what a walk in safe costs big enough to hold six to eight three foot long by 2.5 feet wide display cases?

7'x6'x4', $8,000

They have safes that are small buildings. But I didn't see prices.
Could have put your 7x6x4 inside and two more :)