J6 Committiee - An Imperial Power Unto Themselves

herb749

Jan. 6 Committee Hiding Evidence That Absolves Trump

This evidence, not presented (nor denied) by the Jan. 6 Committee, is found in a Pentagon Inspector General report.

“Mr. Miller and GEN Milley met with the President at the White House at 5:30 p.m.,” the report reads. “The primary topic they discussed was unrelated to the scheduled rally. GEN Milley told us that at the end of the meeting, the President told Mr. Miller that there would be a large number of protestors on January 6, 2021, and Mr. Miller should ensure sufficient National Guard or Soldiers would be there to make sure it was a safe event. Gen Milley told us that Mr. Miller responded, ‘We’ve got a plan and we’ve got it covered.'”

As John Solomon of Just The News reveals, “The Pentagon memo also yields insight into the mindset of the Democrat-led Congress, top military officials and the local police” before the events of Jan. 6, 2021. “Key players, it reveals, repeatedly raised concerns about accepting the offer of National Guard help, fearing it would create the perception of a military coup or martial law as the election results were certified.”

As we know, President Trump’s offer of troops was not accepted and adequate security measures were not in place.

It is quite clear from this that Democrat leaders bear more responsibility for the riot than Donald Trump — which is why you haven’t seen this come up in the hearings and why the committee was stacked with anti-Trump partisans.

So they planned for protesters at his speech, and you know when Trump speaks protesters show up. So if they were there that day, did they leave or join in the riot.? With their hatred of police they were likely the ones attacking the police.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So they planned for protesters at his speech, and you know when Trump speaks protesters show up. So if they were there that day, did they leave or join in the riot.? With their hatred of police they were likely the ones attacking the police.
The one sentenced yesterday (a DC local) I find hard to believe he was a Trump Supporter, but he sure did beat the hell out of some of the cops.

Ponder asked for mercy, saying that while like Palmer he had a criminal history, he was a “changed person for the last 12 years” since his release from prison after convictions for bank and armed robbery.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Key texts between Trump DHS officials before Jan. 6 missing

Text messages for former President Donald Trump's acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf and acting deputy secretary Ken Cuccinelli are missing for a key period leading up to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. This discovery of missing records for the senior-most homeland security officials has not been previously reported. The revelation comes on the heels of the discovery that text messages of Secret Service agents were deleted more than a year ago.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Dershowitz: Trump critics 'stretching the law' in push to 'get' former president

"The thing most upsetting to me as a liberal Democrat and civil libertarian is how hard they're searching for a crime," Dershowitz told Just the News in an exclusive interview. "It reminds me of [former head of the Soviet secret police] Lavrentiy Beria saying to Josef Stalin, 'Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime.'"

Dershowitz, professor emeritus at Harvard Law School, cited examples of prominent legal experts taking wild swings at Trump — everything from saying he attempted to murder former Vice President Mike Pence to saying he's guilty of dereliction of duty — to argue he should be charged with a crime for his actions during the Jan. 6 Capitol breach and more broadly his efforts to challenge the results of the 2020 presidential election.

"What all these arguments have in common is they stretch the law however it needs to be stretched in order to get Trump," said Dershowitz, who said prosecution not grounded in the law sets a "dangerous" precedent. "Today they're targeting Trump. Tomorrow it could be Black Lives Matter, or union organizers, or even a progressive president when the roles are flipped."

[c;ip]

With Trump, however, there's currently "no gun, not even a knife, just circumstantial inferences," said Dershowitz, who noted attempts by Democrats to omit the fact that Trump said in his speech to supporters on the day of the Capitol riot that they should protest "peacefully" and "patriotically."

Concerning other accusations leveled against Trump, Dershowitz said they would need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to result in a successful prosecution — a threshold he characterized as out of reach given the current evidence available.

Dershowitz made a point of distinguishing between criminal activity and actions people may find distasteful but aren't crimes. To prove the point, he cited allegations that Trump stood by idly on Jan. 6 and refused to call the National Guard to stop the riot — a claim that Just the News has refuted through extensive reporting in recent months.

"Let's just take the worst-case scenario and say Trump refused to call in the National Guard and watched the chaos unfold," said Dershowitz. "It wouldn't be a crime. It could be dereliction of duty or any range of sins," but not deserving of criminal charges.

"No crime is obvious here," said Dershowitz of Trump's conduct following the 2020 election. "This is just dirty politics, which has been part of the scene since Thomas Jefferson."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Jonathan Turley Takes Apart Liz Cheney Claim J6 Committee Has 'Much More' to Come

As Turley notes:

As if to fulfill that show trial portrayal, Cheney ended the last hearing by calling for more officials to come forward and noting that Trump family members and former officials have now come forward with their own public “confessions.”

But now Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) — soon to be the ex-Congresswoman from Wyoming — is pulling an “Adam Schiff” and promising that there’s more to come, just as he did during the Russia collusion case.

“The committee has been, I think, very thorough and laying out much of what we know. There’s much more that we have not yet shared in hearings, and we anticipate we will share in the fall. We will also make decisions about criminal referrals, and ultimately the decision about prosecutions is up to the Justice Department, but I would anticipate the committee will have an opinion on that.” [….]
The lack of any balance in the scope of examinations or presentation of evidence only magnifies the appearance of an investigation tailored political rather than investigative priorities.
So now Cheney is saying “stay tuned” once again like a sequel that never quite ends.

Oh, who would have thought? They want to act like there’s something and hold that in suspense for anyone that will fall for it. Then they’ll drop some kind of questionable something just before the midterms in an “October surprise.” As Turley notes, that timing further indicates the political nature of this.

Hijinx

If she is saying the the evidence they allegedly have will be released just before the elections she is admitting that this whole thing is just a political trick-----------which it obviously is.
It's a dirty political trick by Democrats with support from this vindictive woman who poses as a Republican and the Kinzinger zero.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Sen. Mastriano has nothing to hide and is happy to answer the committee's questions, but is concerned that through deceptive editing, the committee could attempt to influence the outcome of the 2022 Pennsylvania state election through the dissemination of disinformation. As long as we can agree to prophylactic measures to prevent such an occurrence, he is happy to proceed with the voluntary interview,” said the statement provided to Secrets.

In the letter shown below, Parlatore added, "Members of your party like Sean Patrick Maloney, Democratic Campaign Chair, have openly admitted that the goal of the hearings you are conducting is intended to paint the Republican party as irresponsible and power hungry ahead of the midterms. For this reason, my client has legitimate concerns that your committee may attempt to influence the outcome of the Pennsylvania state elections through the dissemination of disinformation."

Parlatore, who has questioned the legitimacy of the one-sided panel, gave his own deadline. He said that if the panel didn’t agree to the recording by the deposition deadline, he would file suit to protect Mastriano, who paid for busloads of Trump supporters to join in the president’s Jan. 6 rally on the Ellipse and who went to the Capitol grounds after that rally.

“Unless Chairman Bennie Thompson agrees to our request by that time, we will be forced to pursue litigation. As the letter points out, the committee lacks authority to conduct a sworn deposition because they are not in compliance with the rules of the House of Representatives,” he said.

Ofc the committee will sand bag him in the election

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

FBI Seizes Cell Phone of Member of Congress Who Is Trump Ally

Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA), a close Trump ally and head of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, said that the FBI has seized his cellphone.

“This morning, while traveling with my family, 3 FBI agents visited me and seized my cell phone. They made no attempt to contact my lawyer, who would have made arrangements for them to have my phone if that was their wish. I’m outraged — though not surprised — that the FBI under the direction of Merrick Garland’s DOJ, would seize the phone of a sitting Member of Congress,” Perry said in his statement. “My phone contains info about my legislative and political activities, and personal/private discussions with my wife, family, constituents, and friends. None of this is the government’s business.”
Perry asserted in his statement that “as with President Trump last night, DOJ chose this unnecessary and aggressive action instead of simply contacting my attorneys. These kinds of banana republic tactics should concern every Citizen — especially considering the decision before Congress this week to hire 87,000 new IRS agents to further persecute law-abiding Citizens.”

Shocking may be too mild a term, but at this point; it looks like they are all in to try to do anything they can against their political opponents and it’s gone way beyond the pale. This is not normal action.

The Jan. 6 Committee has been throwing Perry’s name around during the hearings because he had been in communication with Trump before the riot. As had who knows how many other people? But “witch hunt” is the Committee’s middle name. But the action against Perry might suggest they are trying to concoct more against Trump than just the records.

In going after Perry, they’re also going after yet another strong political opponent of the Democrats. Plus, it was Perry who filed articles of impeachment against AG Merrick Garland for lying about not going after parents over the school board protests. So, that raises another question if this is a retaliatory effort against Perry.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

FBI delivers SUBPOENAS to Pennsylvania lawmakers after they confiscated Rep. Scott Perry's phone as part of probe into his scheme to install alternate Trump electors - one day after Mar-a-Lago raid

The FBI paid visits to multiple Republicans in the Pennsylvania House and Senate Wednesday to look for information connected to Republican U.S. Rep. Scott Perry and his scheme to install alternate electors in 2020, according to a report.

The FBI delivered subpoenas and sought information from multiple individuals, sources told PennLive, and some were explicitly told they were not the target of the investigation.

The visit came after Perry said the FBI confiscated his personal cellphone one day after FBI agents raided former president Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago home.

'I'm outraged — though not surprised — that the FBI under the direction of Merrick Garland's DOJ, would seize the phone of a sitting Member of Congress,' Perry said in a statement to Fox News on Tuesday.

'My phone contains info about my legislative and political activities, and personal/private discussions with my wife, family, constituents, and friends. None of this is the government's business.'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Adam Schiff Connects the Dots Between the FBI's Mar-a-Lago Raid and J6 Committee

"As a committee like to see what documents that were marked top secret, SCI, were in the president's possession at Mar-a-Lago. This is very serious business. When documents have those markings, it generally indicates that the source of information is very sensitive," Schiff claimed during an interview with CNN Sunday.

The week before, Schiff couldn't answer basic questions about why the FBI took so long if the information Trump allegedly kept is so important and sensitive.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Do Democrats have a subpoena problem? Lawsuit targeting rules latest mishap for Jan. 6 panel

Now the committee's primary tool for compelling evidence and testimony is coming under a dramatic credibility assault from a lawsuit by the Republican nominee for Pennsylvania governor alleging the committee failed to follow House rules in a manner that should invalidate its subpoenas to witnesses.

If Doug Mastriano succeeds in his legal case, it not only could change his obligation to testify, it could also impact the cases of other witnesses like Steve Bannon and Peter Navarro accused of criminal contempt of Congress.

Filed Thursday evening in U.S. District Court in Washington D.C., Mastriano's lawsuit claims the committee's failure to get Republicans to name a ranking member invalidates its power to enforce its subpoenas. For good measure, the complaint also challenges the validity of Chairman Bennie Thompson's signature on Mastriano's subpoena, providing evidence suggesting it may be an autopen signature generated by staff.

"The focus of this complaint is not the legitimacy of the Committee," the plaintiff argues. "Rather, it is the Committee's absolute inability to legally compel deposition testimony in compliance with the Regulations for Use of Deposition Authority. A properly appointed Ranking Minority Member is necessary for a witness, such as Plaintiff, to avail himself of the protections afforded to him in the Rules on the Use of Deposition Authority."

"The U.S. House of Representatives Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol is unable to comply with the House Regulations for the Use of Deposition Authority and is therefore unable to conduct a compelled deposition of the Plaintiff, or any other witness who does not consent to being deposed," it added.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 In another win for Trump, late last week the J6 Committee dropped its most ambitious subpoena, the one seeking all the RNC’s donor information. The UK Daily Mail reported that the J6 Committee formally withdrew its subpoena for fundraising information from the Republican National Committee and President Trump.

The Daily Mail explained that “the subpoena issued earlier this year sought records from Salesforce on the performance metrics and analytics related to email campaigns from Donald Trump, his reelection campaign and the RNC,” which includes personally identifiable information about most, if not all, major Republican donors.

“We said all along that this subpoena was unconstitutional,” RNC spokeswoman Emma Vaughn said after the subpoena was withdrawn. “This is a victory for freedom of speech, privacy, and Americans’ right of political association without fear of partisan reprisal.”

Notably, the decision to drop the request came after beetle-like Liz Cheney’s profound re-election defeat to Harriet Hageman in Wyoming, and after the announcement by the other Republican turncoat on the committee, Adam Kinzinger, of his retirement from politics. Which leaves the Committee with NO “bipartisan” cover.

So.