J6 Committiee - An Imperial Power Unto Themselves

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Ginni Thomas Tells Jan. 6 Panel She’s Never Influenced Husband’s Jurisprudence, Calls Into Question ‘Impeach Clarence Thomas’

Near the end of her opening statement to the panel on Sept. 29, Thomas said that “it is laughable for anyone who knows my husband to think I could influence his jurisprudence—the man is independent and stubborn, with strong character traits of independence and integrity.”

The Epoch Times obtained the statement on Thursday evening. Ginni Thomas testified in the morning until early afternoon and answered all the questions asked of her by members of the committee, according to sources in the room. The January 6 House committee members are all Democrats, except Reps. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), both of whom participated by Zoom, according to a source familiar with the proceedings.

Political activists have been urging lawmakers to impeach Justice Thomas, a George H.W. Bush appointee and the oldest member on the court, because of the actions of his wife following the 2020 presidential election. A moveon.org petition created to “Impeach Clarence Thomas” has 1.2 million signatures, with the author saying that Ginni Thomas “was actively urging the White House to overturn election results,” which leaves the justice with “conflicts of interest.”

Hijinx

This witch hunt needs to stop
There are so many witch hunts that need to be stopped.
The FBI's major occupation under this dictatorial Attorney General is tracking down people who are innocent of everything except voting for Donald trump.

Reactions: TPD

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Argument: A Reasoned Rant

• Meet the Alex Jones conundrum: testify honestly, go to jail. That’s right. The court made clear today that if Alex Jones testifies truthfully, he goes to jail. Contempt of court for truthful, honest testimony! Contempt of court for not reading the part the script writers of this show trial demand he read aloud, for the cameras, and the haters hate-watching at home. Imagine that in modern-day America. Terrifying!
  • Hence, the reason I’m in Connecticut today, speaking to the media about this outrageous trial offending every aspect of the American principle of everyone gets their “day in court.” What does that mean? Your chance to present your side of the argument, amassing the evidence that supports you, presenting in within the rules of evidence that favor an adversarial process promoting the search for the truth itself. Indeed, everything about American trials is designed to get to the truth: impartial jurists, unprejudiced jurors, rules of evidence, discovery, due process, counsel, free expression, and trial by jury. The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help us God, as the testimonial oath goes.
  • Yet, that is precisely what this show trial prohibits Alex Jones from telling the jury, or he goes to jail! And that’s why fighting the case, highlighting the horrors of it, and continuing to bring it to public attention in the court of public opinion has been time well invested.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Raskin: January 6 Probe Has ‘a Lot of New Evidence’ Showing Trump’s ‘Culpability’

Raskin said, “Well, we have a bunch of new documentary evidence and statements that establish the central role that Donald Trump played in his overwhelming culpability in these events. I don’t think any reasonable, open-minded observer could watch what we’re going to do tomorrow and what we’ve done over the course of these hearings, put it all together, and not come away with one conclusion, which is that none of this would have happened except for the will of Donald Trump. Had he accepted his defeat after losing in more than 60 federal and state courts, if he had just accepted it the way that other presidents have in the past, none of this would have happened? But the political coup and all of the events surrounding the attempt to overthrow Joe Biden’s majority in the Electoral College, the insurrectionary violence, the mobilization of the mob, all of it flowed out of the will and determination of one man to seize the presidency. And that’s Donald Trump. I think that we have a lot of new evidence which will make that abundantly clear to the American people.”

🤣

Reasonable Open-minded ... ate up with TDS

herb749

Raskin: January 6 Probe Has ‘a Lot of New Evidence’ Showing Trump’s ‘Culpability’

Raskin said, “Well, we have a bunch of new documentary evidence and statements that establish the central role that Donald Trump played in his overwhelming culpability in these events. I don’t think any reasonable, open-minded observer could watch what we’re going to do tomorrow and what we’ve done over the course of these hearings, put it all together, and not come away with one conclusion, which is that none of this would have happened except for the will of Donald Trump. Had he accepted his defeat after losing in more than 60 federal and state courts, if he had just accepted it the way that other presidents have in the past, none of this would have happened? But the political coup and all of the events surrounding the attempt to overthrow Joe Biden’s majority in the Electoral College, the insurrectionary violence, the mobilization of the mob, all of it flowed out of the will and determination of one man to seize the presidency. And that’s Donald Trump. I think that we have a lot of new evidence which will make that abundantly clear to the American people.”

🤣

Reasonable Open-minded ... ate up with TDS

This is their last roll out attempt before the election. They need to remember Trump's not running, but inflation, high crime & immigration is.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It’s another stunt; the Committee has no more meetings scheduled before the elections. Furthermore, a congressional subpoena CAN request documents within a short period, like a week or two, but in practice nothing happens for at least a month. Trump’s attorneys will respond, almost certainly raising various objections that will have to be hashed out in court.

So Trump WON’T testify before the elections.

But the Committee MIGHT have time to do it before the new Congress convenes in January and pulls their plug. Maybe. They should’ve started this a month ago. It makes you wonder if they really want to hear from Trump, or just want to complain about him resisting their subpoena and force the Republicans to “let him off the hook.”

To give you some flavor of how things went, corpulent Committee chair Bennie Thompson kicked off the hearing announcing that the “evidence” has “proven” Donald Trump “led” a “plan” to “overturn” the 2020 election — and the “plan” directly led to an attack on the U.S. Capitol and an attempt to stop a congressional proceeding.

First of all, it’s not a court. They’re not judges. Their silly video clips are not “evidence.” They have no legal right to “prove” anything. Bennie Thompson is one of the dimmest bulbs on the Democrats’ flickering Winter Solstice tree. Anyway, they played a bunch of cherry-picked, heavily edited video clips of various people saying all the usual impassioned things that people — including democrats — say before elections.

Thompson concluded insisting they’ve proven beyond any reasonable doubt that, after giving his speech on January 6th, Trump intended to personally lead a “heavily armed” group of “terrorists wearing body armor” in an attack on the Capitol. Or, he wanted to drive the Beast “off the road” to meet the terrorists at the Capitol, instead of walking there. Either way.

I am not making that up.

The Committee explained its theory that Trump just wanted to delay the election certification by a few days, so that his “fake elector plot” would have time to work, which would overturn the totally unexpected historical vote for Joe Biden that magically appeared in the middle of the night. Then the Committee voted to subpoena Trump, and the unhinged leftwing twitter swamps erupted in widespread celebrations. It was like a virtual block party in Wonderland combined with a deranged ticker-tape parade.

Presidents have been subpoenaed before — Thomas Jefferson for documents, Richard Nixon for tapes and Bill Clinton for testimony. All were settled without anyone testifying. But I don’t think the Committee is going to settle this one. I think that in the future we can confidently expect a lot more former presidents to be subpoenaed.

You don’t hear the term “banana republic” nearly as often as you should these days.

herb749

So why was Pelosi's daughter there to film and document the day?

Likely being paid by mom as another on the taxpayers dime. I'm waiting for reviews of this. It all looks staged. There will be someone there that wasn't around on that date.

SamSpade

Is there a sane person in this country who actually believes there was the tiniest, slimmest, most minute chance that the government of the United States was in danger of being overthrown, that day?

That all the machinations of China and the Soviet Union - or Russia - were unable to do what a handful of unarmed doofuses "did" in an hour?

That Trump planned to lead a march of body armored and heavily armed people to the Capitol - and yet failed to do anything of the sort and nothing fitting that description ever happened?

By now - we've heard all this crap before - that they FINALLY have the evidence to kick him out of office or put him in jail or have incontrovertible proof and it will be forthcoming. And EVERY DAMNED TIME they said it - the Dems salivated like the proverbial dogs.

I couldn't bother to watch more than a few minutes because had it been a real courtroom, I would have heard "objection" and "move to strike" because of the loaded language every one of them used.

As long as there is not one, not one voice defending Trump, you're not going to convince me it's anything but a kangaroo court.

Hijinx

It's a shameless committee doing a shameful act.
And not one of the intelligent enough to see this in their actions.

They are bending the rules of the Constitution so badly they may break.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Testimony: Oath Keepers ready to use ‘any means necessary’

Summary by Ground News

Oath Keepers extremists were prepared to use “any means necessary” on Jan. 6, 2021, to stop the certification of Democrat Joe Biden’s electoral victory, a member of the group testified Tuesday. The testimony from Jason Dolan came in the trial of Stewart Rhodes, the founder of the group, and four associates facing seditious conspiracy and other charges.

‘Conquer or die’: Oath Keeper testifies that the group was ready to stop the election ‘by any means necessary’

Jason Dolan, a 46-year-old former Marine from Florida, is the first of several Oath Keepers who pleaded guilty to charges stemming from the same alleged conspiracy to take the stand.

He made clear that members of the extremist group intended to try and keep then-President Donald Trump in power by intimidating Congress, which was meeting on January 6, 2021, to certify the election results.

“I wanted them to be afraid of me,” Dolan told the jury. “People will act out of kindness, they will act out of charity, but they act out of fear too. So if they weren’t going to do the right thing, maybe I could scare them into doing the right thing.”

His jaw-dropping testimony is critical as prosecutors seek to establish that Oath Keepers members methodically prepared to stop the certification of the 2020 election — and what they were prepared to do if Congress didn’t comply.

The jury was gripped by his testimony, furiously taking notes and watching Dolan on the stand, and members of the jury gasped when Dolan’s firearms were brought into the room. Four of the defendants — Stewart Rhodes, Kelly Meggs, Jessica Watkins and Thomas Caldwell — watched intently as Dolan testified. The fifth defendant, Kenneth Harrelson, did not appear to look at Dolan. All five have pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutors had spent two weeks reading messages from the five defendants to the jury and playing secretly recorded audio about their plans for Washington. Three other people affiliated with the Oath Keepers, all of whom are not facing charges, testified under subpoena about how the group normally operated.

Prosecutors used Dolan’s testimony as a translation — asking him repeatedly how he understood Signal messages from the five defendants, what he believed the command structure of the organization to be, and how the group planned for the day.

SamSpade

It's a shameless committee doing a shameful act.
And not one of the intelligent enough to see this in their actions.

They are bending the rules of the Constitution so badly they may break.
You know, I've never heard an actual trial where the defendant(s) don't have representation. The most vile criminal gets SOMEONE to speak on their behalf. This is all one-sided. This kind of cartoon show doesn't belong in the United States.

SamSpade

No Cross Examination of witnesses
Well it's not a trial, but even in a Congressional hearing, there are questions from both parties, going back and forth, and that sort of functions as a cross examination, because you generally expect each party to defend "their side".

You get cross examination when an opposing counsel asks the tough questions, the ones that the other side isn't going to ask. This panel consists of all Democrats except TWO - two of the most RINO Republicans possible. I've never seen such a lopsided spectacle.