J6 Committiee - An Imperial Power Unto Themselves

Hijinx

They speak of losing a Democracy while all the time they are the ones who defy the aims of our Constitution which formed our republic.

herb749

They speak of losing a Democracy while all the time they are the ones who defy the aims of our Constitution which formed our republic.

They are also using any govt agency available to silence critics over what they say. That's not democracy.

Hijinx

They are also using any govt agency available to silence critics over what they say. That's not democracy.
I have never seen it's like. It's like they have enough liberal turds out there that they don't have to give a damn what is good for America or their opposition.

Hijinx

He is not even going to show up. They haven't officially delivered the subpoenae to him yet and when they do he can easily postpone it until the Committee is as dead as a doornail. If there is a God it might be they who have to show up for a subpoenae long before Trump does.;

Dependent on the Republicans growing some balls.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Liz believes there will still be a committee in 2 weeks .
If they get a thorough beat down on November 8th, that committee will be front and center on NYT, WaPo, Sun, CBS, ABC, CNN and MSNBC 24/7 until 2nd of January so they can have one last, loud :cds:

herb749

If they get a thorough beat down on November 8th, that committee will be front and center on NYT, WaPo, Sun, CBS, ABC, CNN and MSNBC 24/7 until 2nd of January so they can have one last, loud :cds:

Its just spending time & money to keep Trump from running again. I really hope Trump can realize how bad it will be trying to run again.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

and it will all die with a sigh...as I predicted from day One.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
5yttan.jpg

SamSpade

Well we have people determined to see that Trump can never run again or “it will be the end of democracy”. So does that mean if the voters choose him - THAT is the end of democracy? You know - democratically chosen?

I heard Obama the other day - mocking the idea that Biden might be impeached if the GOP wins the House. “They don’t even know why but they want to do it”. (Laughter).

Excuse me? They were calling for Trump’s impeachment BEFORE he even took office! There was a push to impeach him about once a week. Over anything. The DAY AFTER the Mueller probe ended - they came up with the Zelensky fiasco.

They never knew what, they just wanted to “impeach the m—-erf—-er!”.

Last edited:

Grumpy

Well we have people determined to see that Trump can never run again or “it will be the end of democracy”. So does that mean if the voters choose him - THAT is the end of democracy? You know - democratically chosen?

I heard Obama the other day - mocking the idea that Biden might be impeached if the GOP wins the House. “They don’t even know why but they want to do it”. (Laughter).

Excuse me? They were calling for Trump’s impeachment BEFORE he even took office! There was a push to impeach him about once a week. Over anything. The DAY AFTER the Mueller probe ended - they came up with the Zelensky fiasco.

They never knew what, they just wanted to “impeach the m—-erf—-er!”.
Hypocrisy is pretty damn cool, eh? :rolleyes:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Congress Has No Right to My Testimony’

“But I must say again, the partisan nature of the January 6 committee has been a disappointment to me,” Pence explained. “It seemed to me in the beginning, there was an opportunity to examine every aspect of what happened on January 6, and to do so more in the spirit of the 9/11 Commission, nonpartisan, nonpolitical, and that was an opportunity lost.”

The J6 Committee broke precedent by being entirely picked by Nancy Pelosi.

“I never stood in the way of senior members of my team cooperating with the committee and testifying,” Pence explained. “But Congress has no right to my testimony. We have a separation of powers under the Constitution of the United States. And I believe it would establish a terrible precedent for the Congress to summon a vice president of the United States to speak about deliberations that took place at the White House.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Jan. 6 panel hits back at Pence over new interview

“The Select Committee has proceeded respectfully and responsibly in our engagement with Vice President Pence, so it is disappointing that he is misrepresenting the nature of our investigation while giving interviews to promote his new book,” Thompson and Cheney said.

“Our investigation has publicly presented the testimony of more than 50 Republican witnesses, including senior members of the Trump White House, the Trump Campaign, and the Trump Justice Department,” the statement continued. “This testimony, subject to criminal penalties for lying to Congress, was not ‘partisan.’ It was truthful.”

Pence during an interview with CBS “Face the Nation” moderator Margaret Brennan had noted that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) chose the panel’s members.

“The partisan nature of the Jan. 6 committee has been a disappointment to me,” Pence said.

Pelosi moved to establish the select committee after efforts to create an independent commission on the Capitol riot failed amid GOP opposition in the House.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Schiff: 1/6 Committee Criminal Referrals Not a Political Statement

SCHIFF: You know, I think we are in common agreement about what our approach should be. I’m not ready or authorized at this point to tell you what that is. We are as a subcommittee, several of us that were charged with making the recommendation about referrals, going to be making that recommendation to full committee today. We will be releasing a report, I think around the 21st, that will include whatever decision we’ve made on referrals. What I can tell you about the process is we’re looking at what is the quantum of evidence that we have against individuals? What is the impact of making a referral? Are we going to create some suggestion by referring some, that others there wasn’t sufficient evidence, when we don’t know, for example, what evidence is in the position of the Justice Department? So, if we do make referrals, we want to be very careful about how we do them. But I think we’re all certainly in agreement that there is evidence of criminality here and we want to make sure that the Justice Department is aware of that.

BRENNAN: But don’t we already know that? I mean, there is the Justice Department investigation, special counsel looking into the former president. We know the DOJ has been looking into Mark Meadows and Rudy Giuliani. So what does the committee sending a referral do other than look political?

SCHIFF: Well, look, we have been far out ahead in most respects of the Justice Department and conducting our investigation. I think they have made use of the evidence that we have presented in open hearings. I think they’ll make use of the evidence that we prefer to present in our report to further their investigations. And I think it makes an important statement, not a political one, but a statement about the evidence of an attack on the institutions of our democracy and the peaceful transfer of power, that Congress examining an attack on itself is willing to report criminality. So I think it’s an important decision in its own right if we go forward with it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Leaked Details of January 6th Committee Report Fully Expose Liz Cheney and Her Cohorts

When the January 6th committee was first proposed, it was billed as an even-handed exercise meant to expose the systemic flaws that allowed the events of that day to take place. In regard to the House’s oversight role, jurisdiction really starts and stops with questions about why the USCP was so unprepared despite multiple warnings. Liz Cheney and her cohorts are not law enforcement. It’s not their place to “investigate” non-government individuals for supposed “incitement.”

But who am I kidding? Traditional boundaries don’t matter when anyone in Washington wants to go after Donald Trump, and this report is apparently going to be almost entirely about the former president. Reading through the chapter list that’s been leaked, it’s not until the very last one that you get anything that isn’t directly about him, and even then, that “analysis” will probably still be mostly about Trump.

This news pretty well exposes the committee for what it is and always has been, which is a partisan exercise meant to affect the 2022 and 2024 elections. The hearings have produced nothing new or valuable, and the supposed “bombshells” have all turned out to be duds.

Think about the ridiculous standards at play here that would never stand up in any other setting. In chapter seven, for example, the accusation is that Trump didn’t tell people to leave the Capitol for 187 minutes. In fact, that’s been the January 6th committee’s primary piece of evidence in this entire ordeal. What is that supposed to prove, though? Putting aside that Trump did put out a message telling the rioters to stop fighting with police officers, a person who isn’t in control of a group of people not telling them to leave somewhere is not incitement. It’s a Kafka trap, whereby Trump’s non-involvement is somehow spun as proof of his involvement.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

You'll Never Guess the Latest January 6 Bombshell

I’m trying to ponder what could be driving this story that most American simply couldn’t care less about. My only explanation is that because the 2022 midterms weren’t an electoral red wedding for Democrats, the party thinks they won, which isn’t necessarily an incorrect take, but that also doesn’t mean the top concerns for liberals are what most people fixate on daily. That’s an overreach. Case in point, the latest January 6 development doesn’t pass the smell test. We’re learning about this lone intelligence analyst now. Yahoo! News has the scoop, where a young intelligence officer at the Department of Homeland Security stumbled upon multiple threads about the overthrow of the American government, sneaking weapons into the Capitol Building undetected, and anecdotes about a Second American Civil War. What’s his/her/they/ze name? We don’t know—Yahoo! is shielding the identity over safety concerns (via Yahoo! News):

On Dec. 20, 2020, a 21-year-old intelligence analyst went online to search for local Washington, D.C., fishing holes and stumbled upon the blueprint of a plot to storm the Capitol and execute members of Congress and law enforcement officers to prevent the certification of electoral votes to make Joe Biden the next president.
The domestic terrorism analyst with the Department of Homeland Security saw a link to a website where people “actively at that moment were discussing the commission of acts of terroristic violence and the violent overthrow of the government of the United States,” according to the analyst’s written account later provided to investigators.
There the analyst “witnessed upwards of 500 pages worth of potential threats to national security,” including people urging others — and discussing how — to smuggle illegal weapons into the nation’s capital and avoid detection by law enforcement. The DHS intelligence analyst also saw “discussion references of overthrowing the US Government by force/sparking a second civil war, and veiled credible threats of violence toward other US persons who were perceived enemies, specifically Members of Congress and other federal employees.”

[…]
Over those 16 days, this analyst and others inside DHS’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis saw the plot unfold in excruciating detail. They watched as maps of the Capitol access tunnels were circulated online, along with tactical information about how to smuggle illegal weapons into D.C. and which radio frequencies to use for communication during the attack. They saw threats to members of Congress and local D.C. and Capitol police, and operational plans for the attack. They saw online posts by people who said they had put their last will and testament in order and told their children they were going to Washington, D.C., to defend the country and were willing, and expecting, to die for their cause.
On Jan. 6, 2021, a mob of President Donald Trump’s supporters as well as white supremacists, Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, militia and other violent extremists stormed the Capitol in an attempt to stop Congress from certifying Biden’s win in the presidential election. The attack left more than 100 police officers injured and is tied to at least nine deaths, including suicides, and over 880 indictments have been issued, according to a recent Senate report on DHS and FBI domestic counterterrorism failures.
Yahoo News obtained the unredacted copy of a March 2022 DHS Office of Inspector General report and underlying materials, including the four-page letter written by the intelligence analyst who did everything possible to warn of the impending attack.
Yahoo News is withholding the name of the analyst after DHS expressed concerns about the analyst’s personal safety.
[…]
The young analyst’s story began on Dec. 20, 2020, with a search on Reddit for local fishing spots that uncovered the blueprints of a plot to overthrow the government. The day before, Trump had tweeted, “Statistically impossible to have lost the 2020 Election. Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!”
This was perceived by some as a call to arms. The analyst soon found links to online forums, including Parler, and saw the beginnings of a plot to violently storm the Capitol on Jan. 6 to stop the electoral votes from being certified and prevent Biden from becoming president.
The next day, on Dec. 21, the analyst showed these findings to a senior member of the Counterterrorism Mission Center. This supervisor called these threats to attack the Capitol “a good find” and expressed interest in getting more information. The analyst was told to send an official Request for Information to the open source collection office, also part of DHS’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis. Do this “as soon as possible” and “mark it URGENT,” the manager said.
[…]
Every day, multiple times a day between Dec. 29 and Jan. 4, the analyst sounded the alarm on the urgent need for reporting that could be used to warn other agencies.
Among the online posts, which were included in the inspector general report, were calls for people to bring weapons to D.C. on Jan. 6. “Bring your gun,” one post from Jan. 4, 2021, said. “It’s just gonna be another protest if you don’t, and you’ll watch Biden slide into the white house.” The report also included Jan. 2 posts from about 12 people who said they had told their families goodbye because they were willing to “die for the cause.”
By Jan. 5, the open source collection office still had not produced any reports or issued any warning on anything it had found, preventing the counterterrorism analyst and the entire mission center from warning agencies in D.C. of the threats they were seeing online. The analyst was tasked with producing a briefing that could quickly be turned into an intelligence product and sent out to warn Capitol Police and others in D.C.

herb749

I’m trying to ponder what could be driving this story that most American simply couldn’t care less about. My only explanation is that because the 2022 midterms weren’t an electoral red wedding for Democrats, the party thinks they won, which isn’t necessarily an incorrect take, but that also doesn’t mean the top concerns for liberals are what most people fixate on daily. That’s an overreach. Case in point, the latest January 6 development doesn’t pass the smell test. We’re learning about this lone intelligence analyst now. Yahoo! News has the scoop, where a young intelligence officer at the Department of Homeland Security stumbled upon multiple threads about the overthrow of the American government, sneaking weapons into the Capitol Building undetected, and anecdotes about a Second American Civil War. What’s his/her/they/ze name? We don’t know—Yahoo! is shielding the identity over safety concerns (via Yahoo! News):

Yahoo articles are a joke. Always trying to incite readers with false story titles. Then the story has nothing the title insinuates. Other than that the site is nothing but Trump slam stories every other link.

Hijinx

A 21 year old intelligence analyst?
Give me a freaking break.
He is a child , a waif probably cleaning the toilets there.