James Comey

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It didn't, and that's where the problem is. You trust this report. I don't.

The report, as released, had been subjected to a ton of internal review/comment/revision by most of those mentioned or affected by it. That alone gives me pause...

Midnightrider

I don't because I have lost all faith in any government-run investigation. The bias from almost every angle in this was about as transparent as it can get. They must think we're all too stupid to see what's going on. Hillary broke the law and Comey made sure we would walk. That's the simple fact of it. You can't get any more 'in the bag'.

I don't think you're being honest. The only thing you're being honest about is your complete trust that our government is acting in our best interest. You cannot find it within you to see the crimes Hillary committed. You just default to fatally flawed reports by the IG, FBI, and DOJ.

Remember what Comey said: If an investigator takes more than a year to come to a conclusion in a criminal investigation, he would fire that investigator. Well, the Mueller investigation is coming up on two years. And still nothing. No evidence. Trump isn't even a target.

Hillary committed crimes. That's a fact. The investigators chose to ignore this. Let the investigators investigate what; that when crimes are committed by someone, pretend it didn't happen? BRILLIANT! I will never trust what these investigators do until they come to their sense and put that woman in prison. And that isn't coming my personal or political desires of what I want to come out of all of this; that's coming knowing, for a fact, that she violated the law.
I said from the beginning that hillary should have probably been proscuted. If i was in charge she would have been. However, the people that actually know the law say that she shouldn't have been. That is our system. If she really did something illegal Trump still has the option of having sessions start an investigation into it. Why do you think Trump and sessions havent?

BTW, until yesterday the right was claiming that horowitz and the IG were bastions of integrity. What happened?
It didn't, and that's where the problem is. You trust this report. I don't.

then what do you trust and where do you think that information comes from?

Midnightrider

That is the exact opposite of what it said. You really need a new news source.

As for your assertion that the Fox heads were ranting and raving, that's not true either. I'm sure Hannity was having a cow, but he always has a cow and I didn't watch his show last night. Brett Baier was factual and professional as usual, not even remotely ranting and raving. The Five crew weren't ranting and raving, either, and even Marie Harf - the hard Democrat stand-in for hard Democrat Juan - had to admit that this was pretty bad, and she can usually polish a Democrat turd until you can see your face in it.

So stop lying. Some of us actually watch the shows you pretend to watch. Admit that you didn't watch any of it and are just repeating what CNN and MSNBC told you to say.

you are right, the report actually says that comey acted in a way that was bias in hurting clinton. Thats what it says.

:killingme
you should have watched the shows last night. The fox talking heads were exploding.

Midnightrider

If you say so, Gladys.

considering Im the only one who actually knows what i watch.........

so back to the topic
The IG says comeys actions helped trump get elected. Thats pretty much the opposite of the crap the far reich has been spewing the last year and a half

PsyOps

Pixelated
I said from the beginning that hillary should have probably been proscuted. If i was in charge she would have been. However, the people that actually know the law say that she shouldn't have been. That is our system. If she really did something illegal Trump still has the option of having sessions start an investigation into it. Why do you think Trump and sessions havent?

You're asking me to get into the minds of Trump and Sessions? Anyway... these people that "know the law" certainly knew how to manipulate it to get the results they wanted. I have pointed it out numerous times that Comey fabricated his own standard for what constitutes prosecuting the mishandling of classified - intent. This standard does not exist, except in Comey's mind. It was his way of avoiding prosecuting Clinton. Now answer me this - why would Comey do this? If he knows the law so well, why would he step outside the law in an effort to exonerate Clinton?

BTW, until yesterday the right was claiming that horowitz and the IG were bastions of integrity. What happened?

You'll have to ask them. My faith in all of this is completely broken. I had no illusion this would turn out to be nothing more than an attempt to satisfy the angry masses.

then what do you trust and where do you think that information comes from?

When it comes to government - particularly the 3 branches and our LE factions at the federal level - nothing. You can't unsee what you've seen, no matter how much someone else tries to tell you that what you saw isn't really what you saw.

PsyOps

Pixelated
so back to the topic
The IG says comeys actions helped trump get elected. Thats pretty much the opposite of the crap the far reich has been spewing the last year and a half

See, and you believe this. Comey did not help Trump get elected. Hillary did that all on her own. If she hadn't done that stupid private server, mishandled classified, and tried to cover it all up, she probably would have won. If she had just done thing honestly... She dug her own grave on that one. If you commit a crime and I see you do it and report you; it wasn't I that landed you in jail; it was you for committing the act.

Midnightrider

You're asking me to get into the minds of Trump and Sessions? Anyway... these people that "know the law" certainly knew how to manipulate it to get the results they wanted. I have pointed it out numerous times that Comey fabricated his own standard for what constitutes prosecuting the mishandling of classified - intent. This standard does not exist, except in Comey's mind. It was his way of avoiding prosecuting Clinton. Now answer me this - why would Comey do this? If he knows the law so well, why would he step outside the law in an effort to exonerate Clinton?

You'll have to ask them. My faith in all of this is completely broken. I had no illusion this would turn out to be nothing more than an attempt to satisfy the angry masses.

When it comes to government - particularly the 3 branches and our LE factions at the federal level - nothing. You can't unsee what you've seen, no matter how much someone else tries to tell you that what you saw isn't really what you saw.

Read the IG report. The precedent existed and Comey/ the FBI compared Clintons violations to the various governing laws.

so you beleive nothing? you obviously are listening to someone who tells you everything the fed says is lies.

Midnightrider

See, and you believe this. Comey did not help Trump get elected. Hillary did that all on her own. If she hadn't done that stupid private server, mishandled classified, and tried to cover it all up, she probably would have won. If she had just done thing honestly... She dug her own grave on that one. If you commit a crime and I see you do it and report you; it wasn't I that landed you in jail; it was you for committing the act.

Thats just what the IGs report says. And its nothing earth shattering. Comey's decision to make his announcement about reopening the email investigation was on comey. Hillary had no part of that.

Thats not excusing hillary for any of her actions, its just that comey did not act to help hillary. If anything his choices hurt her chances for election

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
read the report Mo. Its detailed right in there.

Which precedent is that?....specifically.

Obviously not any "precedents" related to this part:

We concluded that Comey’s unilateral announcement was inconsistent with Department policy and violated long-standing Department practice and protocol by, among other things, criticizing Clinton’s uncharged conduct. We also found that Comey usurped the authority of the Attorney General, and inadequately and incompletely described the legal position of Department prosecutors.

Hijinx

:killingme

keep only reading the parts you want to hear and see how that works out for you :yay:

If Diogenes would have been looking for an honest in America's Government Agencies or their IG's he would have found no one.
Corruption is so wide spread that no one can be trusted.

It will take a major revolution to straighten out the mess our Government is in.
I have said it before I say it again
The biggest mistake Trump has made is putting Sessions in a AG.
I don't know what Hillary has on him,but its pretty horrible evidently.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Thats just what the IGs report says. And its nothing earth shattering. Comey's decision to make his announcement about reopening the email investigation was on comey. Hillary had no part of that.

Thats not excusing hillary for any of her actions, its just that comey did not act to help hillary. If anything his choices hurt her chances for election

Once again, I don't care what the IG report said. It's full of misinformation. For instance: there was no bias in the Clinton investigation. Really? Strzok?

If Clinton hadn't committed her crimes there would be nothing for Comey to reopen. She is the reason for the investigation. She is the central part of the whole thing.

And here's the other part people are forgetting... Is it likely that Hillary would have lost despite the investigation? She sucked as a candidate. She had no clear message. And, she came across as being on her death bed.

Midnightrider

Once again, I don't care what the IG report said. It's full of misinformation. For instance: there was no bias in the Clinton investigation. Really? Strzok?

If Clinton hadn't committed her crimes there would be nothing for Comey to reopen. She is the reason for the investigation. She is the central part of the whole thing.

And here's the other part people are forgetting... Is it likely that Hillary would have lost despite the investigation? She sucked as a candidate. She had no clear message. And, she came across as being on her death bed.

Read the report instead of parroting things you have heard about it......

Seriously Psy, the far right’s narrative has been that Comey somehow gave Hillary a pass because he was biased in her favor. Further, the narrative was that the IG and Horowitz in particular were fairly unbiased and that their report would get to the truth. Now the right doesn’t like that truth so they are claiming the IG is deepstate too.

Btw, the only people that thought Hillary was on her deathbed were fox viewers and conspiracists. No one else believed that BS