Janet Yellen blames Americans' 'splurging' for record-high inflation

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Stephen Colbert notes Biden administration dismissed inflation as 'small risk' last year

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen blamed consumers' excessive spending habits as a primary cause for the near 40-year-high in inflation on Wednesday.

The Biden official appeared on "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert," where she was asked about the price increases that have plagued the U.S. for more than a year.

Later in the interview, Yellen also blamed Russia for the increase in food and gas prices.

Oh, yeah. It couldn't have anything to do with Joe killing PETROLs future with repeated strokes of his pen. :rolleyes:

WingsOfGold

It is a travesty that a 76 year old goofy broad is running the treasury Dept.

Like I have said before. Joe Biden has more freaks and weirdo's in his administration than PT Barnum had in his freak shows.
Secretary of beauty coming up.
1669938097297.png

BOP

Stephen Colbert notes Biden administration dismissed inflation as 'small risk' last year

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen blamed consumers' excessive spending habits as a primary cause for the near 40-year-high in inflation on Wednesday.

The Biden official appeared on "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert," where she was asked about the price increases that have plagued the U.S. for more than a year.

Later in the interview, Yellen also blamed Russia for the increase in food and gas prices.

Oh, yeah. It couldn't have anything to do with Joe killing PETROLs future with repeated strokes of his pen. :rolleyes:
Yellen and AOC musta gone to the same school for economics. Except they thought it was "wreckonomics."

SamSpade

You know what gets me is - read about her. She's no slouch. Lots of people reach high attainment especially in government, because of connections, who you know and having spent a life in politics.

There's also GREAT diversity of thought among economists - hers, I don't agree with.

But these kinds of remarks are pure political CYA. Not of a bit of her rather extenstive economic acumen would lead her to this idiotic conclusion.

As I have said COUNTLESS TIMES - the Dems do not solve things. They advance their agenda, they push legislation to secure permanency, and when none of their stuff works, they find a scapegoat to blame. USUALLY it's Republicans this, Republicans that, lately, Trump and MAGA this, conservatives that. And the piece de resistance - white supremacists and racists.

Seriously, when do you remember "white supremacy" being a serious problem in this country, prior to a couple years ago? How often was it ever mentioned in news? Now, it appears as a major "threat" to the nation (and democracy, as though it COULD pose a threat and secondly as though the United States was the last bastion of democracy in existence). It's in movies, TV and on the lips of all liberal sheeple who've tired of saying "fascist" and "brownshirt" - possibly because their side is actually censoring speech and using threats and violence to silence their oppostion and coercing industry to comply with their agenda.

White supremacy was one of those words like neo-Nazi and skinhead that you heard like Satanist and flat-earther - a small and dwindling group of lunatics that barely register a blip on our collective radar.

When did it become a "thing"? Because the media told us it was?

OccamsRazor

Well, she's not wrong.
Although I do not believe ALL people have money to burn, there seems to be a hell of a lot of people that do! Plenty of people still buying overpriced new cars, spending hundreds on event tickets, record Xmas shopping, etc.

HemiHauler

Although I do not believe ALL people have money to burn, there seems to be a hell of a lot of people that do! Plenty of people still buying overpriced new cars, spending hundreds on event tickets, record Xmas shopping, etc.

Indeed. We have gone from meteoric personal savings to meteoric personal consumer debt levels.

Just do the math.

Of course, it's not our fault - we love to spend money when flush with cash. The root cause is 8 TRILLION worth of cash flooding the economy courtesy of the fat orange man. There is a very clear cause and effect here.

OccamsRazor

Of course, it's not our fault - we love to spend money when flush with cash. The root cause is 8 TRILLION worth of cash flooding the economy courtesy of the fat orange man. There is a very clear cause and effect here.
Although I do not disagree with this, let's not forget to give credit to EVERYONE. The senile hair-sniffer has spent his fair share of currency as well.