Governor January 12

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
a

Dear Marylanders,

This week, I was proud to introduce the RELIEF Act of 2021, an emergency legislative package that will provide more than $1 billion in direct stimulus and tax relief for Maryland working families, small businesses, and those who have lost their jobs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Here’s what the RELIEF Act does:

• Provides direct stimulus payments for low-to-moderate income Marylanders, with benefits of up to $750 for families and $450 for individuals.
  • Repeals all state and local income taxes on unemployment benefits, providing further support and assistance for Marylanders who have lost their jobs.
  • Supports small businesses with sales tax credits of up to $3,000 per month for four months—for a total of up to $12,000—freeing-up much needed resources to protect payrolls.
  • Extends unemployment tax relief for small businesses, staving off sudden and substantial tax hikes in 2021.
  • Safeguards Maryland businesses against any tax increase triggered by the use of state loan or grant funds.

b

I am introducing the RELIEF Act as emergency legislation so that it can take effect immediately, and checks can begin to go out the door right away.
This will bring our total COVID-19 state economic aid to $1.7 billion.

I want the people of this great state to know that in the months ahead, no one will fight harder on behalf of our struggling Marylanders and small businesses.

Sincerely,

Signature: Larry Hogan