Jealous vs. Hogan in the fall....

littlelady

God bless the USA
Thank you. I was wondering who would be the first, if anyone, to get the Iron Maiden reference. You win!

:smile: Oh, and, what did I win? The only thing I have ever won was a cheesecake. :lol:

I take that back. I just remembered I won a book about John Wayne in one of vrai and Monello’s giveaways.

Last edited:

GregV814

well, then there is Kathleen Matthews, a once "reporter" with WJLA (and Chris Matthews husband) who felt the need to chime in with this slightly leftist view,

" Annapolis, MD - This week, Donald Trump named Judge Brett Kavanaugh as his nominee for the Supreme Court. The gravity of this situation demands that I speak in stark terms: if Trump’s pick is confirmed, the Supreme Court will be pushed to the far right for an entire generation, creating a partisan court that would roll back decades of progress and refuse to hold Trump accountable for his abuses of power.

There couldn’t be more at stake here – from the ACA’s protections for patients with pre-existing conditions, to the commonsense gun laws that keep our country safe, to the right for a woman to make her own health decisions, and critical action to prevent climate change."

Hijinx

So, if I'm gonna pick one way my MD Gov is NOT gonna be a democrat, I would say that that's the best way.

Of course you are right.
I will be voting for Hogan. He has done basically a good job.
We are much better off than when O'Malley was Governor.
If we could only do away with Miller an Busch we could become the Free State.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I was listening to WTOP yesterday. They had a story about about how none of the current DEM leaders in the state were jumping in to endorse Jealous. They interviewed the Montgomery Co. Executive for the story. He hemmed and hawed about needing to hear more details about some of Jealous' more radical proposals. Although it's only the end of July, my guess is those Dem leaders will just not endorse anybody this year.

I'm also guessing they're asking themselves, "How did we allow this sh!t to happen?"

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I was listening to WTOP yesterday. They had a story about about how none of the current DEM leaders in the state were jumping in to endorse Jealous. They interviewed the Montgomery Co. Executive for the story. He hemmed and hawed about needing to hear more details about some of Jealous' more radical proposals. Although it's only the end of July, my guess is those Dem leaders will just not endorse anybody this year.

I'm also guessing they're asking themselves, "How did we allow this sh!t to happen?"

They really don't need him.

They hold all the power in Annapolis and Hogan poses no threat at all.

glhs837

Power with Control
No they don't. In fact, I believe the Beer Brothers would rather have a Rep in the Governor's Mansion.

Yep, they might view it a having a beach to raise up thier tide. VOTE DEM!!!!! Save MD from the Evil Hogan!!!!

A FB buddy, a staunch NRA 2nd amendment guy, NRA instructor in fact, posted a picture of a torn up Hogan mailer. I asked if that meant Jealous was his guy, to which he responded that he never said any such thing :) Not sure exactly what anyone expects Hogan to be able to do regarding gun rights. He could provide "personal services" for every Dem in the StateHouse and still not have anything remotely like enough political capital to move that marker. If he can keep the erosion down, I think that's the best anyone can expect from him.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Yep, they might view it a having a beach to raise up thier tide. VOTE DEM!!!!! Save MD from the Evil Hogan!!!!

A FB buddy, a staunch NRA 2nd amendment guy, NRA instructor in fact, posted a picture of a torn up Hogan mailer. I asked if that meant Jealous was his guy, to which he responded that he never said any such thing :) Not sure exactly what anyone expects Hogan to be able to do regarding gun rights. He could provide "personal services" for every Dem in the StateHouse and still not have anything remotely like enough political capital to move that marker. If he can keep the erosion down, I think that's the best anyone can expect from him.

A couple of 2A friends said they weren’t going to vote for Hogan......my comment was how stupid can you two be......were still friends

glhs837

Power with Control
A couple of 2A friends said they weren’t going to vote for Hogan......my comment was how stupid can you two be......were still friends

Maybe tell them that "Still-Not-Our-President Clinton thanks them for thier vote for a Democrat". :)

Salmon

They can be voted out next primary. If they don’t back Jealous, they should be challenged in the primary.