Jealous vs. Hogan in the fall....

glhs837

Power with Control
Funny. I don’t recall the Maryland Governor race being on Real Clear Politics’ safe seat list.

Maryland Governor - Hogan vs. Jealous

Spread
RCP Average 2/20 - 6/10 -- -- 49.0 34.3 Hogan +14.7
Gonzales Research 6/4 - 6/10 800 LV 3.5 51 34 Hogan +17
Washington Post 5/29 - 6/3 968 RV 4.5 51 39 Hogan +12
Goucher College 4/14 - 4/19 449 LV 4.6 44 31 Hogan +13
Mason-Dixon 2/20 - 2/24 625 RV 4.0 50 33 Hogan +17

couldnt find this list of safe seats, but did find this. Of course, polls have been wrong before..... Yuuuuuugley wrong you might say :)

salmonbbear-820x500.jpg

Salmon

Maryland Governor - Hogan vs. Jealous

Spread
RCP Average 2/20 - 6/10 -- -- 49.0 34.3 Hogan +14.7
Gonzales Research 6/4 - 6/10 800 LV 3.5 51 34 Hogan +17
Washington Post 5/29 - 6/3 968 RV 4.5 51 39 Hogan +12
Goucher College 4/14 - 4/19 449 LV 4.6 44 31 Hogan +13
Mason-Dixon 2/20 - 2/24 625 RV 4.0 50 33 Hogan +17

couldnt find this list of safe seats, but did find this. Of course, polls have been wrong before..... Yuuuuuugley wrong you might say :)

View attachment 123974
But it’s in the “Lean GOP” category.

Salmon

I'm open to information you have that indicates BJ has any sort of advantage.
Democrats outnumber Republicans 2-1. I hear about Hogan’s approval numbers, yet every Democrat I speak to says they are not voting for him. Some of them like the guy but agree that we need to vote the Democratic ticket now more than ever.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Democrats outnumber Republicans 2-1. I hear about Hogan’s approval numbers, yet every Democrat I speak to says they are not voting for him. Some of them like the guy but agree that we need to vote the Democratic ticket now more than ever.

Considering we are talking about state level politics, why is voting the Democrat ticket more important than ever?

glhs837

Power with Control
We need to elect Democrats at all levels.

Yeah, only every place that tries that ends up broke and overtaxed. Even Dems in MD realized that you have two much of single party rule. And the fiasco that was Owe'Spendy showed that quite clearly. So, you can tell me about the people you talk to, and spout the party line, but the data suggests you are wrong. What has Hogan done that makes Dems not want to vote for him? Examples, please.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Yeah, only every place that tries that ends up broke and overtaxed. Even Dems in MD realized that you have two much of single party rule. And the fiasco that was Owe'Spendy showed that quite clearly. So, you can tell me about the people you talk to, and spout the party line, but the data suggests you are wrong. What has Hogan done that makes Dems not want to vote for him? Examples, please.

Hogan is more RINO than true Conservative. Quite a few Dems supported him in his election as Governor.

Last edited:

SamSpade

Google "most popular governors in the country" - and Hogan is almost always among the top two or three.
I don't care if all of your Democrat friends don't plan to vote for him - apparently quite a lot ARE.