Jeb Bush says trump needs a Republican Challenger in 2020

Hijinx

In the latest salvo between the two former rivals, Bush, who ran unsuccessfully for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016, made the comments Saturday during an interview with ex-Obama adviser David Axelrod.

Go for it Jebbie, just what we need another wishy washy Bush Presidency.

"Our friends no longer believe they can trust the United States and our enemies, in many cases, feel emboldened by this approach," he reportedly added. "I think it defies the...bipartisan kind of consensus on foreign policy that has, by and large, kept America safe."

Tell me Jeb, when was the last time you saw bi-partisan agreement on foreign policy?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Go for it Jebbie, just what we need another wishy washy Bush Presidency.

You couldn't have put it better. What a squish is Jeb! (And I say that as someone who was quite the fan years back.) He is the Republicans' Beto in almost every respect.

What I find amazing is that he thinks he is being a centrist in the hope of capturing the independent vote. But what he does is winds up pleasing no one and causing everyone to wonder if he would have their back (the answer, of course, being a resounding no. With the exception of his rich family and rich buddies).

--- End of line (MCP)

This_person

I'm happy to see them run against him again. It is conventional wisdom that says it hurts the incumbent. If there is one thing that DJT has proven beyond any reasonable doubt is that conventional wisdom does not apply to him, as he is not an establishment individual.

I have no idea if Trump would win or lose based on a primary challenger, but I do know whatever everyone thinks it will cause is exactly what it will NOT cause.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I hope they do. Just to hear the new nicknames Trump gives his opponents.

SamSpade

I'm happy to see them run against him again. It is conventional wisdom that says it hurts the incumbent.

The conventional wisdom is generally right in one aspect - an incumbent with no serious challenger doesn't need to waste precious time and dollars trying to win the nomination - they can start on the national campaign right away.

This_person

The conventional wisdom is generally right in one aspect - an incumbent with no serious challenger doesn't need to waste precious time and dollars trying to win the nomination - they can start on the national campaign right away.
Agreed, but there's also the argument that it sharpens ones claws for the next cat-fight.

This_person

Yeah, because Trump needs that.

:killingme

For the last two years the Dems have been prepping him for 2020. He's ready.
I don't think he's too worried about the loss of money by spending in the primaries. I'm pretty sure HRC outspent him by significant amounts.