Jeff Fisher out at Tennessee

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Fisher
Cowher
Chucky

Coaches are finally making enough to say "#### it. Let someone else beat their head against the wall with Vince Young."

Beta84

They're out to get us
Fisher
Cowher
Chucky

Coaches are finally making enough to say "#### it. Let someone else beat their head against the wall with Vince Young."

Don't forget about Billick. I was reading that last of 4 yesterday and everyone was getting giddy. Gruden was never that great, Fisher has been solid but average, same with Billick...Cowher is probably the best of the lot, but Tomlin has been equaling his success. All solid choices I guess.

Oh and they are trading/cutting Vince Young this offseason so that didn't have anything to do with it.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Oh and they are trading/cutting Vince Young this offseason so that didn't have anything to do with it.

The trade/cut was at the insistence of Fisher, with him gone I'm betting Young stays. The owner supposedly loves Vince Young.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Don't forget about Billick. I was reading that last of 4 yesterday and everyone was getting giddy. Gruden was never that great, Fisher has been solid but average, same with Billick...Cowher is probably the best of the lot, but Tomlin has been equaling his success. All solid choices I guess.

Gruden was never that great?

He got robbed by the Pats, that's one SB team. He then won a SB with the Bucs by beating the other team he built, the Raiders. I'd take him over Billick without a second thought.

Cowher had the Steelers right there, season after season after season.

Fisher, I wouldn't touch because, if I am an owner, I say, the guy needs to get away for awhile, then, we'll see.

Here's my thing; I don't want a Shanahan or a Cowher or even Chucky now. I want the NEXT guy, the up and comer. The Shawn Payton. The McCarthy.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The trade/cut was at the insistence of Fisher, with him gone I'm betting Young stays. The owner supposedly loves Vince Young.

This is why it's tough staying disappointed with Snyder; He WILL spend money and, frankly, he ain't the biggest dummy in the bunch.

:lol:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Sources with the Titans have already stated they're still dumping him and this doesn't change anything.

Gruden was never that great?

He got robbed by the Pats, that's one SB team. He then won a SB with the Bucs by beating the other team he built, the Raiders. I'd take him over Billick without a second thought.

Cowher had the Steelers right there, season after season after season.

Fisher, I wouldn't touch because, if I am an owner, I say, the guy needs to get away for awhile, then, we'll see.

Here's my thing; I don't want a Shanahan or a Cowher or even Chucky now. I want the NEXT guy, the up and comer. The Shawn Payton. The McCarthy.

:buddies:

Oakland had solid seasons under Gruden with a pretty good team that ended up going to the Super Bowl the year after he left. The Pats won in the divisional round so they still had the conference championship game anyway. They had a few good seasons in there, sure.

With the Bucs, he won a Super Bowl with a team that was already pretty stacked and set up by Tony Dungy (that dude who did a pretty good job with the Colts). Dungy shouldn't have been fired in the first place, but the offense just wasn't that good and held the team back. Gruden took a good product, fixed the offense some (although the team added free agents for him to work with) and they won a Super Bowl. The defense was already TOP NOTCH so they just needed a working offense. But ever since then, the team went downhill (due to the decline of the defense) to the point where they weren't competitive and they let him go.

His overall record is 95-81 in 11 seasons, 5 playoff appearances (5-4 record), and 1 Super Bowl ring.

Since you would take him over Billick without second thought, lets give Billick a quick rundown: 80-64 in 9 seasons, 4 playoff appearances (5-3 record), and 1 Super Bowl ring.

They look awfully similar. I'd at least give it a second thought.

But out of the 4 coaches mentioned, 3 of them have won 52-56% of their games, with Cowher being the only one to do better. But even Cowher couldn't accomplish what Tomlin already has (2 super bowl appearances in a much shorter period of time). So I agree, it's probably worth trying new guys instead of a retread. But you never know when one of them might be a Belichick.

thurley42

HY;FR
Sources with the Titans have already stated they're still dumping him and this doesn't change anything.

Yeah, as I read it, the disagreement was over Fishers son. I want to say he filled in as Offensive Coordinator or QB coach when there was a leave of absence. Now that the full time coach is back, Fisher wanted him to have a different position and Bud Adams said no way.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Yeah, as I read it, the disagreement was over Fishers son. I want to say he filled in as Offensive Coordinator or QB coach when there was a leave of absence. Now that the full time coach is back, Fisher wanted him to have a different position and Bud Adams said no way.

Yeah, when Heimerdinger was out due to cancer, Fisher's son filled in and helped out...I'm not sure what he did exactly. Fisher now wants to hire his son as an offensive quality control assistant (kinda like what Tony Sparano just did with his son on the Dolphins), but the owner has had a "no family" policy and is sticking to it. It seems rather odd that he was used last year but now they won't allow him to continue this year.

The Titans were probably going to get rid of him after the next season but once this dispute came up the two sides decided not to delay the inevitable.

BuddyLee

Football addict
One of the only reasons for the Titans success (when they've had it) is because of Fisher.

Bold but stupid move.