Jeff (since you were interested)

Loper

Animal Poor!
I pulled this off a website but didn't check the actual stats..so it may be off

The "OLDEST" horse recorded to date is - "Old Billy", an English Barge horse born in 1760 who lived to the age of 62 years old.

The"OLDEST" pony in history was 54 years old when he died in France.

The "OLDEST" horse ever to give birth was a 42 year old Australian brood mare.

taken from: Circle R Ranch - Horse Facts

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
I pulled this off a website but didn't check the actual stats..so it may be off

The "OLDEST" horse recorded to date is - "Old Billy", an English Barge horse born in 1760 who lived to the age of 62 years old.

The"OLDEST" pony in history was 54 years old when he died in France.

The "OLDEST" horse ever to give birth was a 42 year old Australian brood mare.

taken from: Circle R Ranch - Horse Facts

Thank You.

Definatley a bit different in losing a Horse as opposed to other animals. I know there are alot more hours in the day given to horses so there has be a closeness not immediately apparent by those of us without horses. Then there is this rather long lifespan than comes into play as well.

Thanks for he info. At least I have a better aprreciation for the committment you horse lovers make.

Loper

Animal Poor!
Thank You.

Definatley a bit different in losing a Horse as opposed to other animals. I know there are alot more hours in the day given to horses so there has be a closeness not immediately apparent by those of us without horses. Then there is this rather long lifespan than comes into play as well.

Thanks for he info. At least I have a better aprreciation for the committment you horse lovers make.

Losing a companion is one and the same reqardless of what type of animal. I wouldn't say that it is less difficult with losing a dog or rabbit or any animal because of their life span. Once you CONNECT with that animal it's there. I had to put my "first son" as I call him down last year (was a dog) after almost 15 years... I've had my horses for almost 5 years... I would still feel the same losing one of them. :buddies:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Losing a companion is one and the same reqardless of what type of animal. I wouldn't say that it is less difficult with losing a dog or rabbit or any animal because of their life span. Once you CONNECT with that animal it's there. I had to put my "first son" as I call him down last year (was a dog) after almost 15 years... I've had my horses for almost 5 years... I would still feel the same losing one of them. :buddies:

And of course your right. I was just trying to envison the bond between owner and horse a little bit. It just appeared owning something for that period of time might put a different perspective on things. But a loss is a loss no matter how long it's life span.