Jennifer @Red Robin

DEEKAYPEE8569

no effing way. kittens and puppies, yes, but young kids? B-A-G-G-A-G-E.

Oh, I don't know about that. A few years ago, I went to a "work picnic."
I was friends with a young mother; a few years older'n me; who had a 1 year old at the time. She (the Mom) let me hold her daughter while she got something to eat; so I walked around with the baby and we watched people playing volley ball and that kinda thing. ALL KINDS of women were asking me 'what's her name?' 'how old is she?'; things like that. So, IMO, kids ARE 'babe magnets.'

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So if a man did that it would be flattering or slutty? I detect a double standard here.

It would be creepy and weird. RR with children in tow is not what I consider an appropriate adult pick-up venue.

But I have abnormal ideas about what constitutes a good approach, so what do I know.

warneckutz

Oh, I don't know about that. A few years ago, I went to a "work picnic."
I was friends with a young mother; a few years older'n me; who had a 1 year old at the time. She (the Mom) let me hold her daughter while she got something to eat; so I walked around with the baby and we watched people playing volley ball and that kinda thing. ALL KINDS of women were asking me 'what's her name?' 'how old is she?'; things like that. So, IMO, kids ARE 'babe magnets.'

I'm sure they were more concerned about finding the parent.

donbarzini

I don't know what's more lame, the sugar packet attempt or you feeling threatened enough to come online and go after her. Either way I'd venture to say there are probably more serious underlying issues in your relationship if this is your reaction.

Really? What does "orec" mean in your native country's language? I'd venture to say that it's a seven letter word that starts with "ass" and ends with "hole"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't know what's more lame, the sugar packet attempt or you feeling threatened enough to come online and go after her. Either way I'd venture to say there are probably more serious underlying issues in your relationship if this is your reaction.

How did you get "threatened" out of her post?

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
How did you get "threatened" out of her post?

OP was simply trying to tell the girl that she wont get a call...instead of her waiting and waiting and not getting one and thinking "its not them its me". I dont see how that is "threatening"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
OP was simply trying to tell the girl that she wont get a call...instead of her waiting and waiting and not getting one and thinking "its not them its me". I dont see how that is "threatening"

I thought she was just relaying a fun story for conversation purposes. :shrug:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
:snort:

That's rather bold of her to try and pick up guys who are having dinner with their kids at a burger joint. And by "bold" I mean "tacky and slutty".
Awww, I think it's cute. Maybe Jennifer didn't see a ring so she thought he was single and decided to be adventurous and take the lead. I think many men would have appreciated it and found it flattering.

Awww, I think it's cute. Maybe Jennifer didn't see a ring so she thought he was single and decided to be adventurous and take the lead. I think many men would have appreciated it and found it flattering.

I think it was the only thing to do. Did you ever try writing on the ketsup packets? Unless you carry a magic marker around with you it ain't gonna happen.

donbarzini

If she wasn't, she wouldn't have made a post. If all was fine and good, Daddy wouldn't have mentioned it. Instead, he would have trashed the sugar packet and went about his business. :bubble:

I respectfully disagree. I don't mean to get all "Oprah" here, but he knew that she trusted him and wasn't afraid to show it to her. And she knew that she could trust him and finds it funny and just wanted to share. I think if there were problems is when he would have trashed it....or kept it.

libby

Reading comprehension is your friend. I"m not even remotely threatened. My point was to let her know that it was nothing personal that this man didn't call her.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

She needs to get out more if her pick-up joint of choice is Red Robin. But you're right that some guys would have been flattered. Those are not guys that I would personally find attractive, but there's an ass for every seat so ... :shrug:

FYI, just because there's no ring doesn't mean the guy is single. Some people just don't wear them, and some married types take off the ring when they're out hunting. Or he may not be married but is in a committed relationship. This is one of the reasons why it's a good idea to actually talk to your target and get to know them a bit before announcing your availability.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Reading comprehension is your friend. I"m not even remotely threatened. My point was to let her know that it was nothing personal that this man didn't call her.

Methinks that perfectorec is jealous because it doesn't happen to him.

Aaaaand a little bit o' braggin' rights on the wonderful man you've partnered with... You go, gurl! :high5:

I don't see you as threatened and I also see it as completely normal in a healthy relationship for him to bring that little bit of a 'chuckle on a packet' back with him to share with you... he should feel flattered and so should you. :buddies: