Jesus had a Superpower!

seekeroftruth

John 2:13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” 17 His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.”
18 The Jews then responded to him, “What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?
19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”
20 They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” 21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22 After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.
23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.
Money makes the world go around, the world go around, the world go around. Money makes the world go around and that's what makes men such miserable pigs.... fa la la....

John Son of Zebedee doesn't seem to be following "the life and times of Jesus the Messiah" chronologically as the synoptics did before him. John Son of Zebedee wasn't just reporting on what happened, as the other three gospel writers before him. John seems to just be writing random memories. John seems to be pointing out the people and the reasons behind some of what happened.

After reading the first three Gospels, after all these years I think I've decided what I like most about the Jesus who came to earth.

He was a mind reader. He was a mind bender. That was His Superpower!

The money changers were supposed to be performing a kind service. People came from everywhere to worship at the Temple. They would bring currency from all over the place. The worshipers would sew the money in their clothes to protect it from the bandits along the way. Then when they got to the Temple, they would exchange their cash for Temple coins. It would make it easier to buy an ox or a bird or some grain for their offerings. The money changers were supposed to be helpful. But they were ripping the worshiper off!

Jesus could read their minds. He knew their calculations were not for the benefit of worship, they were the benefit of the vendor's pockets.

I'm pretty sure the people in the Temple were sick to death of being ripped off by the Temple Vendors. When Jesus tore the Temple up during His temper tantrum, I'm sure some of the worshippers grabbed whatever coins they could and jumped up and down with glee! I'm sure some of the worshipers enjoyed the side show so much they would follow Jesus anywhere, just to see who He would take on next.

Jesus could read their minds. He knew their reason for following was not God centered. He knew they were "fair weather friends" at best, and Easter Morning worshipers at least. He could tell, if those people were here today, they would be the type that only attend church on Easter Sunday and Christmas Eve. That's it. Oh they "say" they love God.... Oh, they "say" they believe in Jesus... they just don't have time... they are busy making money.... after all....

Money makes the world go around, the world go around, the world go around. Money makes the world go around and that's what makes men such miserable pigs.... fa la la....

I bet that tune turns His stomach!

Jesus had a Superpower. He could read minds and bend thoughts.

Jesus had a Superpower!

:coffee: