Jesus was just too inconvenient ...

seekeroftruth

Matthew 26:1 When Jesus had finished saying all these things, he said to his disciples, 2 “As you know, the Passover is two days away—and the Son of Man will be handed over to be crucified.”
3 Then the chief priests and the elders of the people assembled in the palace of the high priest, whose name was Caiaphas, 4 and they schemed to arrest Jesus secretly and kill him. 5 “But not during the festival,” they said, “or there may be a riot among the people.”
I am only thinking of Robin Hood, this morning. It's like the sheriff [Caiaphas] is plotting to take out Robin Hood, who was robbing from the rich and sharing it with the poor. Jesus was very, very popular... and that was bugging the chief priests and the elders, so they went to the sheriff [Caiaphas] to take him out.

The only reason the chief priests and the elders wanted Jesus out of the way, was that Jesus was better at their jobs than they were. Jesus got it, it was about the people worshiping God, not how many steps and how the steps were taken to perform the rituals. It's no wonder they wore a rope around their waste when they had to work in the Holy of Holys. They were more about the ritual than trusting God.

I met a new neighbor yesterday. She left "the church" forty years ago. She's now a Jehovah's Witness. Oh boy, there are a lot of Witnesses around here, and Mormons too. Is that a sign that the church is turning away from God?

I honestly believe the church went off the tracks a couple decades ago. Like I told you, I went to a meeting at a church there in Prince Frederick. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss doing away with "Christ is the Only Way philosophy". The preacher, a woman, said she wants the church to be "more inclusive". She said crucifixion was too heavy to teach. She wanted a nicer church; one everyone would feel comfortable attending. She actually said, "what if we are wrong to teach 'the only way to Salvation is through Jesus'. Jesus on the Cross was "inconvenient" in her church. Yep, right there in Prince Frederick. No food bank and no crucifixion.... yep, right there in Prince Frederick.

How much nicer can a church be? If the church spent more time and energy helping those who need food or shelter, and less time on being "inclusive", the church would be full of people who want to help. As it is now.... well out here in Arizona... people trust God, but they wear their guns to church. I heard recently that one church back in Maryland actually hung up on a man asking for help for him and his daughter.

I wonder, how many people just stopped attending church during the mask debates. Wearing or not wearing a mask was too "exclusive".

The idea is to let Jesus shine.... not "wax on wax off" rituals. People love Jesus because He loves God, and it shows.

Jesus was just too inconvenient!

:coffee:

elewawike

Large crowds of people always followed Jesus. People found healing from their illnesses in Christ. They found forgiveness and understanding that they could not find anywhere else. They found love and mercy. The Pharisees envied the miracles that Jesus Christ performed in great numbers. As a result, their envy reached such a limit that they decided to kill Jesus Christ. Jesus was illegally captured http://firstchurchlove.com. During the arrest, all Roman laws of that time were violated. Some false witnesses only accelerated the illegal condemnation of the Son of God.

Last edited: